• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC for luch today - STL Co. 11/26/2011

mspgunner

Sorry I missed this one. A very unexpected trip out of town became required and my grandmother passed on to that which we all become.

A great lady, a dairy farmer along side of my grandfather since 1941 so hold a glass of milk high and toast those whom bring it to your table.

I am not much of one for sorrow, so please, celebrate instead, I got to spend some time looking through photo albums etc bringing a lot of fond memories of the days I got to spend with them and I am damn happy to have done so!

Oh dang, just caught this one.
Sorry for the loss.

Redbaron007

Sorry I missed this one. A very unexpected trip out of town became required and my grandmother passed on to that which we all become.

A great lady, a dairy farmer along side of my grandfather since 1941 so hold a glass of milk high and toast those whom bring it to your table.

I am not much of one for sorrow, so please, celebrate instead, I got to spend some time looking through photo albums etc bringing a lot of fond memories of the days I got to spend with them and I am damn happy to have done so!

Sorry to hear! I have one grandmother left, 92, and just put her in the nursing home. Her mind isn't what it used to be, but her body is working like it should. She and my grandfather dairy farmed from 1936 to 1997, when my grandfather had a stroke and they moved to the city.

I present a toast to those who feed the rest! :)

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I present a toast to those who feed the rest! :)

SW mo eh? Jr Johnson was my grandfather, Kathrine his wife just passed. I am Rich aka Ricky, Bubby, I worked with them in the summers and weekends doing whatever.

MFA members, along with Mid-Am dairies as well. Off highway J, near Turners station, backed up to Norene's property to give you a location.

Know a lot of folks in your hood :} and have put a lot of N/K seed in the ground. Was there all last week only to find out I put mom in a hotel next to a strip club LMGDAO who would have thought the Lamplighter would have such neighbors eh? I simply asked the nurses in the burn unit where a good motel was with decent rates and thy referenced it lol! God loves country folks cause when I asked mom what she thought about me putting her in a hotel next to a strip joint, without a beat she responded "I don't care, I am not going there anyway" and for those of you following along wondering WTF, Southern Baptist aka nothing but skirts and proper behavior were the rule for this old redneck, and not unlike his grandmother, his mom speaks her mind!

Country boy a little lost, but not totally:
)

Redbaron007

SW mo eh? Jr Johnson was my grandfather, Kathrine his wife just passed. I am Rich aka Ricky, Bubby, I worked with them in the summers and weekends doing whatever.

MFA members, along with Mid-Am dairies as well. Off highway J, near Turners station, backed up to Norene's property to give you a location.

Know a lot of folks in your hood :} and have put a lot of N/K seed in the ground. Was there all last week only to find out I put mom in a hotel next to a strip club LMGDAO who would have thought the Lamplighter would have such neighbors eh? I simply asked the nurses in the burn unit where a good motel was with decent rates and thy referenced it lol! God loves country folks cause when I asked mom what she thought about me putting her in a hotel next to a strip joint, without a beat she responded "I don't care, I am not going there anyway" and for those of you following along wondering WTF, Southern Baptist aka nothing but skirts and proper behavior were the rule for this old redneck, and not unlike his grandmother, his mom speaks her mind!

Country boy a little lost, but not totally:
)

My grandparents are from the Clever/Crane area, as well as great-grandparents. They were all dairy farmers. Being the fantastic grandson I am, I volunteered (at my fathers guidance) just about every Summer to 'assist' them on the farm. Gawd!! I hate baling hay!!

The ole Lamplighter! What was the place next to them? I was just by there this weekend, but I didn't pay attention. I like your Grandmother's answer...very pragmatic!! :lol:

I have family out towards Turners, but none were into farming, city folk.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
The ole Lamplighter! What was the place next to them? I was just by there this weekend, but I didn't pay attention.

Not sure of the name, it is a pink building and we did not know it was there when I called them to reserve the room. I wondered if it was a place to eat as I like to hit home owned stuff instead of national chains whenever I can, but figured it out when I saw the Cabaret sign and then on the other side girls girls girls lol.

I know it beat her Honda which she insisted she was going to do and it is a civic not a big old accord lol.

Never minded any of the work and if I could make any money at it, I would be doing it today!