Thread: Arcus 98

Northern KY

Arcus 98

Hey yall I have been looking into the Arcus 98 Hi Power clone along with CZ 75 (and now CZ 85)... anyhow what can you tell me about the Arcus I heard that they have issues with their metal being soft and that the older ones were better which could explain the higer price I see people asking on used ones. (dealer) I hear you can get them cheaper at Buds or other places. This is just for an example.

, ,
    I like the CZ75 myself. I do like the high powers and clones, but they need to be single action, just like the originals.
    If Obama is the answer; how stupid was the question?

Sussex, WI
    I have an Arcus 98DAC (the compact version). Its an okay gun, but I had to do a bit of work on mine. There is almost zero finishing work done on the internals. When I opened mine up it looked like they took the parts right off the production machines, painted them, and put them in the gun. I had to spend some time sanding and polishing to smooth out the trigger but be VERY careful if you don't know what you're doing. I also recommend putting in a lighter hammer/trigger spring. Helped smooth out the pull some more, but don't go too light or you loose reliability of ignition.

Bottom line on the gun: if you're looking specifically for a Hi-Power, its a decent gun for the price and a bit of an improvement with the DA/SA trigger. But if a Hi-Power isn't the name of the game, you'll get better quality out of a CZ.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0520.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	7481
    If an American is to amount to anything he must rely upon himself, and not upon the State - Theodore Roosevelt

Civilian Sheepdog
    Wisconsin Carry Member