Thread: open carrying in beaver dam wi

open carrying in beaver dam wi

tomorrow i plan on heading out to the local walmart for a open carry walk . just to get a better feel for it . ive read all the laws etc and understand i need to holster up once i arrive .i dont feel comfortable open carrying in my car till my ccw license comes .so ill be keeping it in the trunk and cased till i arrive . i was kinda thinkin i should go with out loading . just to get a better feel for it and get a little more comfortable . ( im just a little worried about the attention , as i dont care to much for that ) is there some one i can call if i would happen to get stopped by the peace officers and i feel my rights are being violated ? like if there being very unperfessional and sayin i cant carry a holstered gun ?

like does anyone help back are rights up , from this site ?

just trying to be prepared as i dont think BD LEO is to well versed on the law .

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Many of us carry a small voice recorder in our shirt pocket to capture any interaction with people, especially the law. It can help prove exactly the way something went down if it ever comes to that.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

I've OC'd a couple times at the Wal-Mart in BD; never had any problems.

That said, anything can happen.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    When you see one of those "peace officers" please take a picture. They are thought to be extinct. A cast of the footprint should also be taken and documented.

Sadly, sightings are usually found to be Law Enforcement Officers instead. They can be discerned by their preference for writing tickets and taking citizens into custody for perceived offenses that caused no harm to another. Some may even disregard the law and their oaths entirely, just to find something to charge you with. Thankfully, members of the latter group are fewer and found mostly in large cities like Milwaukee. They may also be referred to by their chieftains as "troops".
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

McX
    you could also pair up, take another carrier with you, safety in numbers so to speak.

How did it go?

How did it go?Any issues?I am near that area and waiting for my concealed permit.I frequent that Wal mart often but have yet to see anyone open carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by revolverrandy View Post
    How did it go?Any issues?I am near that area and waiting for my concealed permit.I frequent that Wal mart often but have yet to see anyone open carrying.

Didn't go?

Quote Originally Posted by revolverrandy View Post
    Didn't go?
    yes , i did end up going. i was there for over and hour . with out a hitch . actually a couple people were curious to see the kinda gun i was carrying . i was very suprised . i think with the new law passing and being in the news . people are a little more aware of gun carry and cc

it would be nice to have my concealed carry license though . then i could just carry open in my car . would be much easier . guess ill have to keep waiting , hopefully it shows up any day now . lol

Quote Originally Posted by thieltech View Post
    it would be nice to have my concealed carry license though . then i could just carry open in my car . would be much easier . guess ill have to keep waiting , hopefully it shows up any day now . lol
    Unless you knowingly drive through school zones, you can car carry. Though, some police may try to say you are carrying concealed...
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by thieltech View Post
    yes , i did end up going. i was there for over and hour . with out a hitch . actually a couple people were curious to see the kinda gun i was carrying . i was very suprised . i think with the new law passing and being in the news . people are a little more aware of gun carry and cc
    Forgive me for asking a dumb question, but you didn't pull it out to show them did you?
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    Forgive me for asking a dumb question, but you didn't pull it out to show them did you?
    XD!! I can see the eyes now. Along with the MWAG call "HURRY HURRY HE'S WAVING IT AROUND WERE ALL GONNA DIE!!! AHHH!!!"

Grats on your trip to wally mart it's nice when things go smooth first time out.