• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carrying in beaver dam wi

thieltech

tomorrow i plan on heading out to the local walmart for a open carry walk . just to get a better feel for it . ive read all the laws etc and understand i need to holster up once i arrive .i dont feel comfortable open carrying in my car till my ccw license comes .so ill be keeping it in the trunk and cased till i arrive . i was kinda thinkin i should go with out loading . just to get a better feel for it and get a little more comfortable . ( im just a little worried about the attention , as i dont care to much for that ) is there some one i can call if i would happen to get stopped by the peace officers and i feel my rights are being violated ? like if there being very unperfessional and sayin i cant carry a holstered gun ?

like does anyone help back are rights up , from this site ?

just trying to be prepared as i dont think BD LEO is to well versed on the law .

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
When you see one of those "peace officers" please take a picture. They are thought to be extinct. A cast of the footprint should also be taken and documented.

Sadly, sightings are usually found to be Law Enforcement Officers instead. They can be discerned by their preference for writing tickets and taking citizens into custody for perceived offenses that caused no harm to another. Some may even disregard the law and their oaths entirely, just to find something to charge you with. Thankfully, members of the latter group are fewer and found mostly in large cities like Milwaukee. They may also be referred to by their chieftains as "troops".

M

McX

you could also pair up, take another carrier with you, safety in numbers so to speak.

revolverrandy

How did it go?

How did it go?Any issues?I am near that area and waiting for my concealed permit.I frequent that Wal mart often but have yet to see anyone open carrying.

thieltech

Didn't go?

yes , i did end up going. i was there for over and hour . with out a hitch . actually a couple people were curious to see the kinda gun i was carrying . i was very suprised . i think with the new law passing and being in the news . people are a little more aware of gun carry and cc

thieltech

it would be nice to have my concealed carry license though . then i could just carry open in my car . would be much easier . guess ill have to keep waiting , hopefully it shows up any day now . lol :p

protias

it would be nice to have my concealed carry license though . then i could just carry open in my car . would be much easier . guess ill have to keep waiting , hopefully it shows up any day now . lol :p

Unless you knowingly drive through school zones, you can car carry. Though, some police may try to say you are carrying concealed...

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
yes , i did end up going. i was there for over and hour . with out a hitch . actually a couple people were curious to see the kinda gun i was carrying . i was very suprised . i think with the new law passing and being in the news . people are a little more aware of gun carry and cc
Forgive me for asking a dumb question, but you didn't pull it out to show them did you? :eek:

Sorcice

Forgive me for asking a dumb question, but you didn't pull it out to show them did you? :eek:

XD!! I can see the :eek: eyes now. Along with the MWAG call "HURRY HURRY HE'S WAVING IT AROUND WERE ALL GONNA DIE!!! AHHH!!!" :cuss:

Grats on your trip to wally mart it's nice when things go smooth first time out.