• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kelso Theater Pub 9.41.300 sign...

tannerwaterbury

So tonight, me and a couple friends went to the Kelso Theater Pub to watch a movie, and while standing outside in the line, I noticed in the ticket window a sign saying Firearms are Prohibited under RCW 9.41.300. Thing is, the KTP isn't designated as a bar, since Minors are allowed in the theater. So I guess the obvious question (and I think I would know the answer, but may ask anyways) is: are they right in putting that sign up? I can understand from a Private business that they can refuse weapons on premises, but the RCW part seems questionable to me.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
So tonight, me and a couple friends went to the Kelso Theater Pub to watch a movie, and while standing outside in the line, I noticed in the ticket window a sign saying Firearms are Prohibited under RCW 9.41.300. Thing is, the KTP isn't designated as a bar, since Minors are allowed in the theater. So I guess the obvious question (and I think I would know the answer, but may ask anyways) is: are they right in putting that sign up? I can understand from a Private business that they can refuse weapons on premises, but the RCW part seems questionable to me.

Are there any places in the building that are restricted to 21+? If so the sign is in the wrong place.

Also, are there certain hours that minors are allowed, and other hours that are 21+? There's a local bar here in Carnation where minors are allowed during the dinner hour, then it becomes 21+ later.

If neither of these is the case, I would agree the signs are misapplied.

tannerwaterbury

Are there any places in the building that are restricted to 21+? If so the sign is in the wrong place.

Also, are there certain hours that minors are allowed, and other hours that are 21+? There's a local bar here in Carnation where minors are allowed during the dinner hour, then it becomes 21+ later.

If neither of these is the case, I would agree the signs are misapplied.

As far as I know, all of the theater is accessed to all that are under 21, and there usually isn't any 21+ hours.

Last edited:

MadHatter66

It looks to be one of three things...

1. Like AK56 said, they at some point change into a 21+ only establishment.

2. They don't know any better, and are mis-using 9.41.300 based on their own interpretation, or someone else has given them bad info.

3. They don't care and just bought any NO FIREARMS sign they could find, just so happens that they one they got has a mis-application of the law on it.

I know I am going to get flamed for this, but in the past I have called and talked to managers with signs like that to clarify them. One place said they had no idea and though any place that served alcohol was off limits, and that I was welcome with a firearm. Various others just didn't care they were misrepresenting the law and a few have said no guns, but covered up the offending citation. So really it could be hit or miss on the outcome, but at least you are getting clarification. Just make sure that you are talking to the owner, if they are active in their business, or general manager.

jbone

Might just be the only official sign they had access to at the moment and looked better than a printed sign.

You sound as if you know this because...:D

Last edited: