• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry in farmers market restraunt in raleigh

M

mattwestm

According to the NC Dept of Agriculture website: "This is one of five Farmers Markets owned by the STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA and operated by the NORTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE & CONSUMER SERVICES."

The other farmers markets are in: Charlotte, Lumberton, Asheville, and the Triad area.

I'm assuming that the farmers market here in Greenville is either owned by the city, county, or privately.

1j9l9f0

Banned
Ok now I have a clarification to ask. The law states that its :

Complete stat preemption of firearms laws except localities may regulate the possession of firearms:
-In public-owned building
-On the grounds or parking areas of those buildings
-In public parks or recreation areas

1. Does this mean that these places are off limits to OC'ing?
or
2. Does it mean that these places must clarify that they don't allow them?

Thanks.

dashowdy

I cannot find anything in laws as far as state property goes, except the governors mansion, educational property and of course state and federal courthouses. So I would think carrying here would be legal unless it is posted, Yes?