• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what's an equivalent term to "mall ninja"?

MKEgal

For people who make outrageous claims online?

Check out this Craigslist post, which includes, among ramblings, these gems:

I have 40 years experience in self defense, boxing and martial arts.
I have trained SWAT teams, intervened in real prison riots, experienced life and death defense situations and have never been seriously injured.
Have you considered concealed carry? You need to know a few things before you start packing. This is not a course to get you a conceal permit, it is a course to help you survive once you do.
You provide the venue, I will take you from defenseless to deadly.
I can teach you much by e-mail
I teach only those who want to learn the highest level defensive tactics used by law enforcement, fighters and martial artists world-wide.
reply to: serv-vfm55-2627701045@craigslist.org

frommycolddeadhands

Hmmm...

Well lets see, there is

-Mall Ninja

-Keyboard Warrior

-Chairborne Ranger

-Cyber stormtrooper

-Mouse-kateer (as in computer mouse, not the disney mouse)

-Batcaver

-Keyboard commando

-Soldier of Fortune subscriber

-Pop-gun guru

-Cereal Killer (capt'n crunch, yum yum)

-Coke can killer (a person who shoots cans with a BB gun and assumes he's a master sniper)

- Member of the Playstation Platoon (for all those folks who thinks playing Modern Warfare suddenly makes a person into a ballistics/ camoflage/ weapons/ tactical master)

Umm....I think that's all I got. After that it gets prettymuch into the generic terms like "idiot", "jaggoff", "tool", etc.

j4l

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Attack on other member

Jack House

Playstation Platoon is a bit too close to the Playstation Defense Force. Is it a detachment thereof?

SirTiger

1. Teach self defense classes with in person or e-mail
2. Give a discount for e-mail classes
3. ??????
4. PROFIT!!!

Redbaron007

What's that old saying, that many allude to PT Barnum saying it; 'There's a sucker born every minute!' :lol:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I get the feeling you're joking but has anybody actually emailed the guy? Who knows, maybe he really is a decent guy?

Email sent. No response.

I even offered to send payment in advance of getting instruction via email.

stay safe.

ncwabbit

email sounds viable..

especially since you can be ordained and accomplish marriages, conduct pastoral counseling, etc., through a simple email...and just the other day i got my notice i won hundreds of thousands dollars via email...and my email has all those excellent offers for 'improvements' certain body enhancements...

so why not learning how to shoot...

wabbit

ps and yes the comment is attribited to PT but according to history...he never uttered the words...

http://www.historybuff.com/library/refbarnum.html

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

Bingo!

Is he/that the inspiration for the proliferation of the movie-time soldier handles and radio protocol-words (prowords) on this forum? "Over and out." (Is there anything so anile as that? ((For truly eclectic allusions)))

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Bingo!

Is he/that the inspiration for the proliferation of the movie-time soldier handles and radio protocol-words (prowords) on this forum? "Over and out." (Is there anything so anile as that? ((For truly eclectic allusions)))

Speaking of being anal -

1) "over and out" was proper radio communications in the early days when manners were considered as important as clarity of speech and complete understanding through the static.

2) "anile" does not show up in my dictionary. Where does the word come from and what does it mean?

stay safe.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Over and out.

Speaking of being anal -

1) "over and out" was proper radio communications in the early days when manners were considered as important as clarity of speech and complete understanding through the static.

2) "anile" does not show up in my dictionary. Where does the word come from and what does it mean?

stay safe.
With all due respect, archly,

"Over and out" has never been proper, meaning "over to you" and "I am off-line". In other words, say what you will but I am not listening. I was WB6AAZ 1960 - 1964, about the time the code requirement was dropped/dropping and I lost interest in what was so easy that anyone could do it.

Anile is from the Latin 'anus' meaning old lady. Yes, it is homophone with Latin 'anus' meaning ring, similar to English annulus. Get a better dictionary, best, a written one that can't be un-written. See the discussion of niggardly (root - hnøggr Old Norse)

ETA: may I presume that you looked at the meaning of eclectic and allusion?

Last edited: