• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A NATION OF COWARDS by Jeffrey R. Snyder

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I enjoyed it when I first read it about five years ago. Lotsa food for thought.

I swear I read a version where he said it was immoral to rely on others (police) to risk their lives defending your own. But, I haven't been able to find it the last couple times I went looking for it. If anybody knows where I can find it on-line, please pass along a link. Until then, I'll just assume I'm misremembering something.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I didn't read it yet, but I agree with the headline... Been my assertion for a very long time.

OK, I just read it. I fear it is written too well for the average American to comprehend the meaning...

Last edited:

west

I enjoyed it when I first read it about five years ago. Lotsa food for thought.

I swear I read a version where he said it was immoral to rely on others (police) to risk their lives defending your own. But, I haven't been able to find it the last couple times I went looking for it. If anybody knows where I can find it on-line, please pass along a link. Until then, I'll just assume I'm misremembering something.

Here it is some similar that you are looking for: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...Yq1t6csCq4CGbQ This is the same link the guy posted it in Thread.

Power And Responsibility

"Is your life worth protecting? If so, whose responsibility is it to protect it? If you believe that it is the police's, not only are you wrong -- since the courts universally rule that they have no legal obligation to do so but you face some difficult moral quandaries. How can you rightfully ask another human being to risk his life to protect yours, when you will assume no responsibility yourself? Because that is his job and we pay him to do it? Because your life is of incalculable value, but his is only worth the $30,000 salary we pay him? If you believe it reprehensible to possess the means and will to use lethal force to repel a criminal assault, how can you call upon another to do so for you?"

Uber_Olafsun

Country has been going down hill since the ideal man is someone who has no chest hair and looks like a skinny model. Women try to look like little girls instead of enjoying their age and anyone who owns a gun is looked at like a terrorist.