• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

carry + pool hall makes Sorcice a happy camper.

Sorcice

I have been going to the Great Dane here in Madison for years because they have really nice 8ft tables but since they posted if I want to carry I need to find another place. Anyone familiar with a place that charges by the hr and actually have full size tables(Not bar tables) along with being able to carry? :confused::cry:

Trip20

Have you emailed them to tell them how much of your money you wont be giving them?

Exactly. Put up their contact info and we'll all let them know how we feel. We have a Great Dane in Wausau as well but I haven't been there in ages so I'm not sure if they're posted (not sure if they're affiliated?).

Also, if you're interested there's a thread running around here with info on obtaining "No Guns = No Money" cards to hand out as you encounter businesses who post.

protias

Exactly. Put up their contact info and we'll all let them know how we feel. We have a Great Dane in Wausau as well but I haven't been there in ages so I'm not sure if they're posted (not sure if they're affiliated?).

Also, if you're interested there's a thread running around here with info on obtaining "No Guns = No Money" cards to hand out as you encounter businesses who post.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...isconsin-stores-that-infringe-upon-our-rights

bigdaddy1

Also need to inform them of the liability they are now accepting with posting. It is my experience that far fewer businesses are aware of this than you'd think. Mostly because some group that shall remain nameless (WAVE:banghead:) has chosen to misinform them while doing their canvasing. My wife manages a small gift shop down town and until last night she wasn't aware of that either. She doesn't like to listen when I talk about gun rights, (she is border line anti :mad:).

Last edited:

bigdaddy1

Isn't there a pool hall right off of state, was up on like the second floor? Been years since I was there last. Can't remember the name.

Are you talking about Romines on 27th & Wisconsin? If so you will need more than a concealed firearm in there. You better be in full gear.
USSoldier.jpg

Vandil

Isn't there a pool hall right off of state, was up on like the second floor? Been years since I was there last. Can't remember the name.

Que-Nique unfortunately it started drawing a very seedy low life crowd after the Green Room closed. That killed off it's regular business and tourney players.

Predictably it closed about a year after the GR did, to bad really I spent many nights there in my 20's.

The only other place I can think of is The Brass Ring which about 4 blocks down E-wash in the old Buy+Sell building that was completely remodeled years back. I think they have 8 full sized tables and a coin op bar table on the second floor balcony. Place is a bit of a zoo but so is the Great Dane.

Sorcice

Que-Nique unfortunately it started drawing a very seedy low life crowd after the Green Room closed. That killed off it's regular business and tourney players.

Predictably it closed about a year after the GR did, to bad really I spent many nights there in my 20's.

The only other place I can think of is The Brass Ring which about 4 blocks down E-wash in the old Buy+Sell building that was completely remodeled years back. I think they have 8 full sized tables and a coin op bar table on the second floor balcony. Place is a bit of a zoo but so is the Great Dane.

Ya I've been to the brass ring. And it's always really packed. I like the Dane cause I go sun-tues when there aren't many ppl past 11 or so. I already talked to protias about getting some cards. Ill get the info for the management and post soon. It's one of the last "non-hole" bars around that's also not filled with college kids. Would be nice to continue going. The one in fitchburg as well as on midvale.

kawisixer01

Yea it was que-nique. It's too bad they went under, sad to hear that. It was a decent place with a pretty chill crowd back when I went there. Leave it to the hoodlums to kill a joint.

Sorcice

Well I tried asking one of the bartenders tonight while I was there and she said look online and gave me the address to the main Dane website. I was able to find the link below online. Not sure how much use it will be. But if a good number of us send the email to all 5 (seperatly managed) Pubs they are bound to pass it up stairs. Copy/paste magic. lol

http://www.greatdanepub.com/contact

bigdaddy1

That one hasn't been open for some time now. It is currently located at 6125 S. 27th St., about a block and a half north of College Ave.

I haven't been there for over a decade, but I know when they first opened they had both for a while. It wasn't a very nice neighborhood (LOL).

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
So. How much do you charge an hr? Haha

LOL
The hard part is the amount of room required but if you've got the space you can find a good 8ft table really reasonably. I bought my 1" slate 04' Brunswick with cues and balls for 5 bills and it's mint. Found a local guy to set it up for under 3 bills. Keep your eye's peeled for deals.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk