Thread: I guess those "no guns" signs are working really well in Madison

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

I guess those "no guns" signs are working really well in Madison

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...,4021026.story

MADISON, Wis. Sheriff's deputies locked down the Madison courthouse after getting a call of a man holding a woman hostage inside.

Quote Originally Posted by bnhcomputing View Post
    MADISON, Wis.— Sheriff's deputies locked down the Madison courthouse after getting a call of a man holding a woman hostage inside.
    From the article:

"Investigators later determined the woman's husband had sent her a text message with a picture of himself holding a gun to his head and wasn't in the courthouse."

..........Now I've seen everything. So if I text a picture of a bullet to you, that would be a negligent discharge, and a series of pictures texted would be automatic fire (if I have a 4G phone).

You just can't make this stuff up. Ok, time to go home....
    Last edited by Helorob; 11-28-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Investigators later determined the woman's husband had sent her a text message with a picture of himself holding a gun to his head and wasn't in the courthouse.

Police spokesman Joel DeSpain says officers located the man at his home in Madison. DeSpain says the man could face domestic-related charges.
    WTF?

Go to jail and lose your 2A rights over a text and a photo? There's got to be something in that text that they are not sharing.

And the Lautenberg Amendment has got to be repealed.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

So if the man was inside and holding his wife hostage, it is nice to know the police locked themselves OUTSIDE to protect themselves.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    ...it is nice to know the police locked themselves OUTSIDE to protect themselves.
    Standard procedure. The paramilitary has a right to officer safety don'tcha know.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Gee, thanks.................

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Standard procedure. The paramilitary has a right to officer safety don'tcha know.
    Now I got pomegranate juice all over my laptop!!
    Suggestions on how to clean this mess up???

McX
    so the guy was holding himself hostage by phone?! only in America, only in the 21st century.

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by Nutczak View Post
    turn it off and disconnect from power. if you can, remove keys and wash individually. Hopefully you did not hit any wiring and short a circuit. as for the screen. if it is a LED(harder HD screen) then windex sprayed lightly onto a cloth then wiped will do it. NEVER spray directly on screen as you can get drips if you aren't careful down below the screen. If on the other hand its one of the old LCD screens that looks like your touching a pond when you touch the screen there are special wipes for that.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Thumbs down This is wrong on so many levels

How does the woman get from a text picture to, "He's holding a hostage in the Courthouse!" Can't you be prosecuted for false 911 calls? Maybe his iPhone had that new, little known "Transporter App".... Isn't this a 1A infringement? This is wrong on so many levels; I suppose they confiscated the cellphone/weapon for his and the officer's safety. Speaking of safety, don't the new iPhones come SA/DA so you don't need a safety?
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

*edit and removed before hitting submit*

aaaahhhh ****. see this is exactly why i've been away from the internet for the last year. getting worked up over *** ********* ** **** ******** ****. god i envy the life of those mountain men that move to the most unreachable places on earth and live off the land and never have to see another human being again unless they choose to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutczak View Post
    Buy a new one...This is America after all
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)