• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I guess those "no guns" signs are working really well in Madison

Helorob

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-wi-courthouselockdow,0,4021026.storyMADISON, Wis.— Sheriff's deputies locked down the Madison courthouse after getting a call of a man holding a woman hostage inside.

From the article:

"Investigators later determined the woman's husband had sent her a text message with a picture of himself holding a gun to his head and wasn't in the courthouse."

:shocker::shocker::shocker:

..........Now I've seen everything. :idea:So if I text a picture of a bullet to you, that would be a negligent discharge, and a series of pictures texted would be automatic fire (if I have a 4G phone).

You just can't make this stuff up. :banghead: Ok, time to go home....

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Investigators later determined the woman's husband had sent her a text message with a picture of himself holding a gun to his head and wasn't in the courthouse.

Police spokesman Joel DeSpain says officers located the man at his home in Madison. DeSpain says the man could face domestic-related charges.

WTF?

Go to jail and lose your 2A rights over a text and a photo? There's got to be something in that text that they are not sharing.

And the Lautenberg Amendment has got to be repealed.

stay safe.

protias

So if the man was inside and holding his wife hostage, it is nice to know the police locked themselves OUTSIDE to protect themselves. :banghead:

M

McX

so the guy was holding himself hostage by phone?! only in America, only in the 21st century.

HandyHamlet

cleavon-little-156154.jpg

Sorcice

Now I got pomegranate juice all over my laptop!!
Suggestions on how to clean this mess up???

turn it off and disconnect from power. if you can, remove keys and wash individually. Hopefully you did not hit any wiring and short a circuit. as for the screen. if it is a LED(harder HD screen) then windex sprayed lightly onto a cloth then wiped will do it. NEVER spray directly on screen as you can get drips if you aren't careful down below the screen. If on the other hand its one of the old LCD screens that looks like your touching a pond when you touch the screen there are special wipes for that.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
This is wrong on so many levels

How does the woman get from a text picture to, "He's holding a hostage in the Courthouse!" Can't you be prosecuted for false 911 calls? Maybe his iPhone had that new, little known "Transporter App".... Isn't this a 1A infringement? This is wrong on so many levels; I suppose they confiscated the cellphone/weapon for his and the officer's safety. Speaking of safety, don't the new iPhones come SA/DA so you don't need a safety?
2880cur.jpg

scorpio_vette

*edit and removed before hitting submit*

aaaahhhh ****. see this is exactly why i've been away from the internet for the last year. getting worked up over *** ********* ** **** ******** ****. god i envy the life of those mountain men that move to the most unreachable places on earth and live off the land and never have to see another human being again unless they choose to.