• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Home invasion: Shoots man in back with "machine gun," sister grabs rifle, man dies

paramedic70002

Home invasion: Shoots man in back with "machine gun," sister grabs rifle, man dies

http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtkr-norfo...rs-victim-later-dies-20111128,0,4231911.story

A Norfolk woman attempted to save her brother’s life after two men broke into their apartment on Wyoming Avenue and shot him in the back. She grabbed one of the men's guns and tried to stop him, but the 23-year-old, Leon Thornton, later died in surgery.

Vernedia Thornton said she was asleep when a pair of robbers, armed with machine guns, kicked open her apartment door, one shot her brother Leon Thornton in the back. He crashed into her room and dove under her bed. The shooter followed.

“I had the handle of his gun. He was pointing it under the bed saying, “Get from under there, get from under there,’ so I grabbed it and I`m like, ‘I`m not going to let y`all kill my brother,’” says Vernedia.

MilProGuy

Kudos to a brave lady.

It's a shame the lawless miscreants got away.

Home defense firearms are a must in this day and time, IMHO.