• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FL Non-Resident Permit Question

chuotcon289

Hi all,

First of all, I would like to say thank you to all of you for informative information that you provided. I believe it would be much harder for me to get my permit from Waterbury PD without these information, e.g. how and when I should harass them so the ball keeps rolling :).

That being said, I was trying to get non-president permit from FL. I did request and receive fingerprints cards from them. Do I have to go to authority to take my fingerprints or I can do it at home? And is there anythings that I should/shouldn't do to expedite my application?

English is not my first language, please forgive me if there is any confusions.

Any input is much appreciated.

Have a good day!

Good Citizen

Florida Finger prints

FLORIDA IS A VERY EASY PLACE TO GET A PERMIT, IT'S BACK AND WHITE, LITERLY!FLORIDA REQUIRES YOU TO USE THE CARD THEY SEND YOU AS PART OF THEIR STATUE, IF YOU SEND ANY OTHER CARD THEY WILL REJECT YOU!

YOUR NRA CERTIFICATE MUST HAVE A SIGNATURE ON IT, OR YOU CAN MAIL IN MILITARY DD214 PAPERS IN PLACE OF THE NRA CERTIFICATE. iN FLORIDA ANYONE WITH MILITARY SERVICE, WITH NO CRIMINAL RECORD CAN GET A PERMIT. wITH "nra" RECOGNITION.

dcmdon

FL requires that prints be done by law enforcement agency.

Citation Please??

Mine were done by an acquaintance who runs a UTAH class and provides fingerprinting services for everyone in his class for both their Utah and FL permit.

His web site: nraclass.com

Don

Last edited:

brk913

Citation Please??

Mine were done by an acquaintance who runs a UTAH class and provides fingerprinting services for everyone in his class for both their Utah and FL permit.

His web site: nraclass.com

Don

It's true Don, I just got my renewal and it's on the instruction sheet, I''ll scan it and get it up as soon as I can...

ETA: Florida made it easy for me, it's already on the web, check out page 7 regarding fingerprint submission.
http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/forms/Temp/T042572591.pdf#page=1

Last edited:

dcmdon

Hmm. I guess they changed that.

When I took the Utah class from Joel, as a courtesy he also took photos and prints for a FL permit.
I had no trouble with the prints he took. Well, thanks for correcting my error.

To anyone who isn't familiar with the difference between the UT and FL permits, the FL permit only requires a NRA basic pistol class, the same class you took for your CT pistol permit.
The Utah permit requires a special class.

I've got both FL and UT, but will not be renewing my UT permit. It only gives you one state that FL doesn't. I don't remember what it was, but I remember the chance of me going there was minimal.
The UT license does not get you FL, where I go regularly. So for me, FL is a better value.

I'll also be letting my NH permit lapse since renewals have gone from $25 to $100 (or more, I forget) and NH doesn't get me anything FL doesn't get me other than NH.
Which is fine because in NH I can carry openly or concealed and empty (with a mag on the opposite hip)

Don

Last edited:

brk913

I've got both FL and UT, but will not be renewing my UT permit. It only gives you one state that FL doesn't. I don't remember what it was, but I remember the chance of me going there was minimal.
Don

Minnesota is the one extra state you get with a Utah permit.