• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello from Northwest Ohio

Damion50

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, and just wanted to say hello to everyone. I live in the general toledo area, but luckily not in the city.. :lol: I have had my conceal carry for about 6 years now I believe, hard to remember. I am just trying to get into contact with others about there experience's in my region when it comes to open carry. I had a felony stop about 6 weeks ago when I decided to walk into a gas station and purchase some gas and a breakfast sandwhich on my way to work. Well I guess the clerk decided to call the police and next thing I know I was face down in the parking lot with and officers knee in my back.

The messed up part of it all is I was actually carrying my weapon concealed but had just forgot to pull my shirt over my weapon when I had gotten out of my vehicle, so it happen to be showing some when I was in the store. But to make a long story short, I did not get charged with anything, but they were trying to get me for inducing a state of panic or some stupid stuff like that.

Well there is my story and I am happy to find this community !!

Sincerely.

C.P.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Welcome to OCDO - good people and good information abounds here.

Regarding your incident - you do realize, do you not, that the police office made some very serious mistakes?

At the very least your are due an apology and the officer needs retraining. There is enough wrong here to warrant further action, that of course being up to you. I would advise posting no more on that event until you have talked to a good gun rights civil attorney.

I can guarantee that putting me on the pavement and a knee to my back for violating no laws is not getting anyone a free pass.

Damion50

Thank you for your post. I have recently contacted the local police station and talked to the officers supervisor about the situation, and brought the matter to his attention and that I think that his officer may need some further training. The supervisor was very nice and understanding and said he would talk to his fellow officer and see about getting him into some training and then the supervisor apologized for the actions of his patrol officer.

So all in all I am happy with the way the supervising officer handled himself, and I don't plan on going any farther with the situation at this point in time. I was aware I could pursue the situation further but just choose not to. The officer was on the younger side, so I believe he was newer to the force. But hey we all live and learn.

:banghead:

taurus66

If you don't mind me asking, where exactly did this happen and what department did it involve? I am just curious.