Thread: Subway @ Wal-mart

Subway @ Wal-mart

Well I went to Wal-mart in West DePere tonight to grab dinner at the Subway inside. Now I know Wally World is carry friendly, but I did not know this Subway was not ... well kinds not. I had my gun on my hip and my jacket over it. The sign on the glass as you walked into Subway had a gun in a ghost buster with the words "No concealed weapons allowed in this establishment".

I took off my coat and went in with my family. I was then open carrying and had no issues. Not a single person said anything or looked at me funny. So here is my question ... are they 2A friendly or not? If I had on my belly band I could not have entered.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmike.me View Post
    Well I went to Wal-mart in West DePere tonight to grab dinner at the Subway inside. Now I know Wally World is carry friendly, but I did not know this Subway was not ... well kinds not. I had my gun on my hip and my jacket over it. The sign on the glass as you walked into Subway had a gun in a ghost buster with the words "No concealed weapons allowed in this establishment".

I took off my coat and went in with my family. I was then open carrying and had no issues. Not a single person said anything or looked at me funny. So here is my question ... are they 2A friendly or not? If I had on my belly band I could not have entered.
    Sounds like they are trying to discourage concealed because usually if your OCing you have nothing to hide. Granted its a potato po-tat-o situation but hey at least you could carry in some way.

I haven't heard of any issues with Subway. Not sure they can really enforce their policy if they are inside a Walmart because they don't have a separate entrance.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I've OC'd in some Subways in Green Bay without any problems.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    I have oc'ed at the subway in Delavan. No sign.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    I haven't heard of any issues with Subway. Not sure they can really enforce their policy if they are inside a Walmart because they don't have a separate entrance.
    There are provisions in the "signage > prohibited" section that mention "prohibited areas" as well as doors. I think they can set aside areas as long as it's adequately marked. Sorta depends on the layout of the place though I guess.

It's a dumb sign, it makes no sense to focus on the concealed part.... of "weapon" in my mind.
    "I can only be held responsible for my own stupidity." - Captain Nemo

My favorite coffee shop has a "no concealed guns, bazookas, grenade launchers, or flamethrowers" sign on one door. He's fine with OC. Sounds like that Subway manager is the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Having worked at Walmart I can say that Subway pays for the space to use. They are pretty much free to do what they want. They are not under the control of or bound by Walmart in any way.

That being said, I've never seen a Subway posted here in VA. I think they are all franchises.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    My favorite coffee shop has a "no concealed guns, bazookas, grenade launchers, or flamethrowers" sign on one door. He's fine with OC. Sounds like that Subway manager is the same way.
    So Anti-personel mines are ok....great watch were you step.

It is probably time to send the management the message that "No Guns = No Money". It makes no sense to allow open carry and deny concealed carry, especially given the liability protection afforded by AB-35 (SB-93 as amended). Just my thought - others may feel differently.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Subways in GB are all owned by Pat Buckley a retired GB Cop & current GB city alderman.

For me concealed means ..Hidden ... if they can't see it, it's not happening.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???