Thread: Legal Discussion of Immunity

Legal Discussion of Immunity

Good discussion of Act 35 immunity from Tavern League site:

http://www.tlw.org/proxy.php?filenam...%20Article.pdf
    Last edited by Flipper; 11-29-2011 at 10:34 PM.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

To OP, could you please include the link from where you obtained this, so I can utilize this information
    Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by qball54208 View Post
    To OP, could you please include the link from where you obtained this, so I can utilize this information
    Thanks for posting!
    Links to documents are at the bottom of the page: Click Here

I talked to Cindy from the tavern league, when I wnet to thier web site, there was a link for CCW FAQ's, and wouldn't ya know it, it took me to a Journal Sentinel article (we know that they have put out incorrect info in the past) So, I directed her to the DOJ web site to the FAQ's.
    Mission accomplished!

I talked to Cindy from the tavern league, when I wnet to thier web site, there was a link for CCW FAQ's, and wouldn't ya know it, it took me to a Journal Sentinel article (we know that they have put out incorrect info in the past) So, I directed her to the DOJ web site to the FAQ's.
    Mission accomplished!
    So the Tavern League is going to recommend businesses take down the signs?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I can't answer to that, however, it would be implied that it is in their best internists.
    I still would like to know who wrote that article that the OP posted, how credible is it, and stuff.

I can't answer to that, however, it would be implied that it is in their best internists.
    I still would like to know who wrote that article that the OP posted, how credible is it, and stuff.
    It came from the Tavern League site under the "Government Affairs" link, then "Insurance Concerns" at bottom of page.

http://www.tlw.org/#

The author, Timothy Fenner, is a well respected attorney specializing in government law and insurance.

http://axley.com/timothy-d-fenner
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    So the Tavern League is going to recommend businesses take down the signs?
    Absolutely not.

Here's my last email from the Executive Director:

It is ironic that I receive E-mails from folks who say they won't bring their families into member establishments unless the sign is posted.
    I used a poor example regarding signage(we give out many different types) but it is our duty to enable our members to run their business as THEY see fit as long as it is in a legal manner. I actually agree with almost everything you say except that you should respect other's view even when they differ from yours.
    ...and here's my response to the above:

------Original Message------
    To: Pete Madland
    Subject: Re: TLW Contact Form Submission
    Sent: Nov 29, 2011 8:08 AM

Mr. Madland I believe I am respecting their view by obeying their signage. They're making it clear I am not welcome, so I take my business elsewhere. Essentially, I am doing as I'm told.

Pointing out the absurdity of the matter is no sign of disrespect. Most often the decision to post is a knee-jerk reaction. With a little education most people do tend to change their minds. We're seeing this with corporations, banks and small businesses.
    Haven't heard back and do not expect to.
    Last edited by Trip20; 11-30-2011 at 01:16 PM. Reason: added my response

The director needs to be fully informed of ALL the consequences before he makes any recommendations. I am given the impression he does NOT have that information. I sent a short message via their web site letting them know there are additional liabilities not mentioned by the link.
    Last edited by bigdaddy1; 11-30-2011 at 01:23 PM.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

So who is on the board of directors that hires the director?

The TLW president owns the AL Gen Dinner Club in Rhinelander. Does anyone know if that's posted?
    Last edited by Flipper; 11-30-2011 at 02:27 PM.

Just a note in case folks start pounding the tavern league -- Executive Director Pete Madland was nice enough to entertain a short conversation with me and remained congenial throughout. I'm saying this in the hopes that anyone reading this thread with the intent of contacting the TLW will do so politely and respectfully. He could have brushed me off or told me to piss up a rope... I'm always grateful when people at least take the time to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Trip20 View Post
    Just a note in case folks start pounding the tavern league -- Executive Director Pete Madland was nice enough to entertain a short conversation with me and remained congenial throughout. I'm saying this in the hopes that anyone reading this thread with the intent of contacting the TLW will do so politely and respectfully. He could have brushed me off or told me to piss up a rope... I'm always grateful when people at least take the time to listen.
    Agree, polite positive conversations only. Let the anti's get emotional, that's their only basis for discussion.

Yep -- our greenbacks will do the talkin' for us.