• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Study in contrast: Occupy v. open carry in Olympia

Dave Workman

Just curious why you only mention the 2010 event, and not the 2011?

I am referring specifically to the public hearing inside the legislative building, not the two rallies out on the green. Vast difference.

Armed citizens were INSIDE the Senate office building. At the rallies, people just walked on the grass and had a good time this year and last.

DEROS72

Totally different events.I was the one standing next to Fachetelli when he went to talk to WSP.The entire group was extrmely well mannered,non disruptive etc.I could tell Fachetelli was pissed when the officer told him we were within our rights.I believe out of several hundred there to protest the assault weapons ban only 12 or so signed up to speak in favor of the ban.Very disturbing to Adam kline.Senator Pam Roach(keynote speaker at our 2011 2a rally) was awesome in ripping his logic to threads. This was a totally different function than the 2a rallys we had on the captital grounds. The pic here is from that hearing January 2010.We didn't have our 2a rallys untill april.

Last edited:

jchen012

Just to play devil's advocate, sometimes change requires more than being passive. A good example would be Rosa Parks who sat in front of the bus. Do you think she would have gotten much attention if she held up a sign in front of city hall?

308707_10150373286507445_832687444_8357084_2039446617_n.jpg

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
Your point may be to play devils advocate, but here is what I see when I look at the picture.

In the first picture I see armed Americans standing up for their rights. We tend to be peaceful citizens, but the Government/politicians/Police know that they have constitutional limits, and messing with a very large armed citizenry would be as problematic as Yamamoto's take on invading America. He was aware that there would be a massive armed populace that he would have to subdue.

In the second picture I see this country as it could be without the Constitution and its amendments.

That is the first thought that went through my head upon looking at your pictures.

amzbrady

Just to play devil's advocate, sometimes change requires more than being passive. A good example would be Rosa Parks who sat in front of the bus. Do you think she would have gotten much attention if she held up a sign in front of city hall?

308707_10150373286507445_832687444_8357084_2039446617_n.jpg

Your point may be to play devils advocate, but here is what I see when I look at the picture.

In the first picture I see armed Americans standing up for their rights. We tend to be peaceful citizens, but the Government/politicians/Police know that they have constitutional limits, and messing with a very large armed citizenry would be as problematic as Yamamoto's take on invading America. He was aware that there would be a massive armed populace that he would have to subdue.

In the second picture I see this country as it could be without the Constitution and its amendments.

That is the first thought that went through my head upon looking at your pictures.

I see, In the first picture, park, families, happy, aaaaawwwwww..... :*)
Second picture, Downtown, rough, miserable, Kid who wasnt taken to a happy family park enough, aaaaaawwwwwww..... :*(

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
Great article, Dave! I read it while DEROS was getting his oil changed. As a matter of fact, he read it off my iPhone while we were having lunch. I subscribe to your column and really love reading your stuff. Keep up the good work!:cool:

1245A Defender

wait,,what,, huh?

Great article, Dave! I read it while DEROS was getting his oil changed. As a matter of fact, he read it off my iPhone while we were having lunch. I subscribe to your column and really love reading your stuff. Keep up the good work!:cool:

In his hair????

Or did he buy a CAR???

I like and read all of workmans articals too, glad he is our advocate!!!