Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: im done

  1. #1
    Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    546

    im done

    okay. im done. OCDO is not worth the harassment im getting from one member in particular. a perrsonal problem he has with me as a person causes him to constantly attack every post i make here. and OC is not worth the hassle. i own guns. i love guns. i love my right to carry guns and that will never change. however me being a part of an originization that worries more about pointless childish bickering , insults harassment and just being plain A-holes is not worth my efforts to support any longer. i will say no names but no doubt 3 seconds after this post the armchair warrior will retort. so with this i say to the friends i've made here. thank you. to the enemy. get a life. and to everyone else. keep up the fight.


    jay....out
    Last edited by carry for myself; 11-30-2011 at 03:16 PM.
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

  2. #2
    Regular Member crdonov's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    south portland, Maine, USA
    Posts
    463
    Sorry to read that!!!


    XD-OVER

  3. #3
    Regular Member tombrewster421's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Roy, WA
    Posts
    1,329
    Just use the ignore button.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Regular Member xmanhockey7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Portage, MI
    Posts
    1,490
    Quote Originally Posted by carry for myself View Post
    okay. im done. OCDO is not worth the harassment im getting from one member in particular. a perrsonal problem he has with me as a person causes him to constantly attack every post i make here. and OC is not worth the hassle. i own guns. i love guns. i love my right to carry guns and that will never change. however me being a part of an originization that worries more about pointless childish bickering , insults harassment and just being plain A-holes is not worth my efforts to support any longer. i will say no names but no doubt 3 seconds after this post the armchair warrior will retort. so with this i say to the friends i've made here. thank you. to the enemy. get a life. and to everyone else. keep up the fight.


    jay....out
    Don't let forum idiots get to you. I had one very recently sending me messages on here because he didn't agree with me about constitutional carry and decided he would send me a message and throughout his messages put words in my mouth. He hasn't sent a message in several days so I'm assuming he's done.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

    ...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

    Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

  6. #6
    Activist Member carsontech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    Don't let forum idiots get to you. I had one very recently sending me messages on here because he didn't agree with me about constitutional carry and decided he would send me a message and throughout his messages put words in my mouth. He hasn't sent a message in several days so I'm assuming he's done.
    I remember the thread you started about that. The person who isn't in support of Constitutional Carry is very misinformed and it sounds like their view will never change, no matter how much evidence supporting CC you provide.

    Jay, don't leave on account of 1 person. Just take a break and chill.

  7. #7
    Regular Member xmanhockey7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Portage, MI
    Posts
    1,490
    Quote Originally Posted by carsontech View Post
    I remember the thread you started about that. The person who isn't in support of Constitutional Carry is very misinformed and it sounds like their view will never change, no matter how much evidence supporting CC you provide.

    Jay, don't leave on account of 1 person. Just take a break and chill.
    Yeah for me it wasn't that they didn't agree with CC it was that they decided to start sending me messages saying I wanted his workers to be killed because I thought we should have CC and just a lot of other stupid accusations.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

    ...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

    Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester Maine
    Posts
    216
    Opencarry.org has forum rules and also a moderator that follows our activties. If you're being harassed by someone it can and should be stopped. I believe you should chat with the powers that be to put a end to harassment and as a regular user, I'm sure you don't need my help finding out how to do this. Slow down and cool off. We've had disagreements ourselves (you and I) but value your input on the forums and enjoy your opinion. I would urge you not to let some A** force you to retreat. As Sara would say don't retreat just reload!
    Last edited by jonjon_jon; 12-01-2011 at 02:39 AM.

  9. #9
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,611
    Quote Originally Posted by jonjon_jon View Post
    Opencarry.org has forum rules and also a moderator that follows our activties. If you're being harassed by someone it can and should be stopped. I believe you should chat with the powers that be to put a end to harassment and as a regular user, I'm sure you don't need my help finding out how to do this. Slow down and cool off. We've had disagreements ourselves (you and I) but value your input on the forums and enjoy your opinion. I would urge you not to let some A** force you to retreat. As Sara would say don't retreat just reload!
    That person accused would be me.

    When anyone posts disinformation, ignores the rules, posts the contents of a PM w/o permission, then takes an "attitude" and replies with ad hominum attacks, I am likely to get up out of my chair and change hats. The more often and longer such occurs, the more egregious it becomes.

    When suggestions, guidance and nudges do not work, and ability/authority to perform moderation are challenged on public threads, then stronger measures are indicated. When threatened with being reported, it was presumed that I do not kept the administration advised. OTOH - all should feel free to contact John if there is a need.

    This thread and the OP's derogatory comments are a continuance of his apparent mind set. That is most unfortunate. The previous thread was locked - I will leave this one open unless it goes off the deep end.

    BTW - I made the suggestion that the OP give it a break, cool off and work to be a responsible, contributing member here. Normally, I do not post such as this openly, but you are being done a disservice - you are being unfairly divided with 1/2 truths and innuendo.

    As a radio personality used to say, "Now you know....the rest of the story."
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  10. #10
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,611

    Been asked to clarify who "John" is

    John is John Pierce, one of two owners of OCDO and screen name/user Administrator .
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran Schlitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by carry for myself View Post
    okay. im done. OCDO is not worth the harassment im getting from one member in particular. a perrsonal problem he has with me as a person causes him to constantly attack every post i make here. and OC is not worth the hassle. i own guns. i love guns. i love my right to carry guns and that will never change. however me being a part of an originization that worries more about pointless childish bickering , insults harassment and just being plain A-holes is not worth my efforts to support any longer. i will say no names but no doubt 3 seconds after this post the armchair warrior will retort. so with this i say to the friends i've made here. thank you. to the enemy. get a life. and to everyone else. keep up the fight. jay....out
    carry for myself, I enjoyed your contributions to the discussions here at OCDO, don't be a girl about it and leave because someone hurt your feelings. If your skin is really that thin then use the block feature for the person you don't like. It was made for people who can't handle the full internet experience.

    --Moderator Edited--
    Multiple rule violations including personal attack on OP, sexual innuendo, sexual orientation, gender-identity, which even if in jest are NOT acceptable. Especially in such a massive dose! I am disappointed in the level/lack of self-moderation.
    ^ If I ever leave this forum it's going to be because almost no one here has a sense of humor. It's like everyone here had their mommy fix their boo boos their whole life. I don't get it. HE POSTED A HURT FEELINGS REPORT!!!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE! REMOVE IT, WARN HIM, BAN HIM IF YOU SAW ANYONE LAUGH
    Last edited by Schlitz; 12-04-2011 at 12:41 PM. Reason: O_O
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran Schlitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by carsontech View Post



    Given the nature of this thread your picture posted is too funny, I am deeply offended by comedy and request that you remove it before I begin to openly weep at my computer.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

  13. #13
    Regular Member Badger Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,217
    I'm also one of those who is harassed from time-to-time by one of the moderators, ignoring that I'm a strong supporter of OC, and simply because I don't OC myself at this time he takes every opportunity to point that out (as do some others). Why people want to alienate a supporter is not clear to me.

    I chalk it up to insecurity on their part and just ignore them.

    $.02
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

    Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

  14. #14
    Regular Member xmanhockey7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Portage, MI
    Posts
    1,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    I'm also one of those who is harassed from time-to-time by one of the moderators, ignoring that I'm a strong supporter of OC, and simply because I don't OC myself at this time he takes every opportunity to point that out (as do some others). Why people want to alienate a supporter is not clear to me.

    I chalk it up to insecurity on their part and just ignore them.

    $.02
    Wow over 1,000 posts on here and you don't OC. You must be a pretty big supporter.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

    ...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

    Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

  15. #15
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,611
    Ladies and gentleman, I said I'd leave the thread open "if it did not go off the deep end."

    It has.

    The lock has been applied.

    This is no future in attacking a Moderator publicly, the ways to report the belief that you are being "harassed" are simple and clear. Use them and them only if you feel a need. The public image of OCDO is most important.

    When an erroneous claim or statement of "fact" is made and insult is taken at a request to cite, he/she is not being responsible and is in violation of the rules - the same holds true in other cases.

    When a poster/user states that OCers will be thrown face down and cuffed for OC, he/she is not an proponent.

    When the dissension including attempting to discredit anyone is fraught with omission of facts and lacking all details, it is at best dishonest. This includes PMs and reports.

    When rules violations occur, there will be accordingly a response. If you cannot nor will not accept that as mature adults, then perhaps you are indeed on the wrong forum.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •