• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Agressive behavior towards oc'er???

importinvasion

What's up guys? If you guys read my prior post, I live in Greensboro, and fairly new to open carry. I was ocing today by Gander Mountain, was with my wife, and completely minding my own business. Did my shopping, and headed out to vehicle when my wife received a cell call. So we stopped to speak to the person on the other end of the line, still minding our own business. These two guys come out of gander, and jump in a truck very close to where I was standing. I look over and notice the guy is eyeing my glock. Didn't think anything of it, a lot of people seem to take notice, especially in greensboro. All of a sudden he decides the proper way to leave the parking space is to do a twenty foot burn out (of which only one tire spun) and envelope the parking lot, along with me and my wife with tire smoke. Don't know if it had something to do with me ocing, but it sure seemed personal. I find it crazy bcuz we literally never exchanged words or glances or anything. Anybody ever have a similar situation? Does ocing bring out the worst in SOME PEOPLE? FYI I'm not overly sensitive, its just that this seemed to coincidental...thanks to anyone wanting to share their thoughts..

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Dreamer

"importinvasion".

Peoplel do all sorts of weird things for all sorts of reasons. Maybe he just got some new tires, and was showing off for his buddy. My guess is, however, that this guy is just a terminal a$$hat, and he thought you were an off-duty LEO and he was going to "show you" by doing a burn-out.

He's probably got a traffic record a mile long--speeding, illegal turns, improper lane changes, maybe even a few DUIs, and has a chip on his shoulder because he's been pulled over so many times.

That's my theory anyway...

Don't worry about it. At least he didn't get up in your face or call the police. I suppose that is the good thing about jerks like this--they don't know the law, and just assume that anyone carrying a firearm is a cop, so they will mess with you, but they are not usually the kind to call in a MWAG call--that's usually some busy-body carpetbagger soccer-mom, or some "minority" who has been brainwashed to think that anyone with a gun must be a gang-banger...

Keep up the good work, and CARRY ON!

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
Agreed completely with Dreamer that he probably mistook you for a LEO.

I've been going about my business while OC for around 18 months, now. If anyone 1) notices, and 2) has the inclination to say something -- it's always been something positive. I've never had a problem. One guy I was educating on the legality of OC assumed I was a LEO but not because I was carrying. He assumed it because of the way I carry MYSELF. One thing I've noticed all my life is that if you carry yourself like you know what you're doing and that you're doing the right thing, then people will assume that's true without bothering you. If, on the other hand, you act like a clown while OC, it probably won't turn out well.

importinvasion

Its funny because I am former law enforcement, so oc is very natural, but this left a bad taste. World is full of tough guys, lol. Never really thought about it, but your theory may be right. They may have mistook me for off duty, but damn, that's how leo gets treated out here. Wow

KBCraig

Sounds like typical primitive male posturing, to me. ("Typically primitive", not "typically male".)

He thought your gun was your way of displaying your package, so he was trying to show you that his was bigger. Ignore the chest-thumping.

hermannr

Try this idea on for size...he was jealous..he was just in Gander Mountain and was turned down on his NCIS check? (Probably has a DV or restraining order)

importinvasion

Try this idea on for size...he was jealous..he was just in Gander Mountain and was turned down on his NCIS check? (Probably has a DV or restraining order)

Yet another possibility, I could see why someone would be upset. But it was definately a douchebag thing to do, especially when I'm with my lady. Well anyways, karma comes around, and sucks for them, my sidearm will still be at the ready. Doesn't change a thing.

chiefjason

Never had anything close to that. I would consider it an isolated run in with an idiot. At least he did not run up to you and tell you how scary your gun is, and how uncomfortable it makes him. That is something I have never understood. If you are so uncomfortable, why are you talking to me?

importinvasion

Well since we all pretty much agree that this incident that happened to me was just two sad people who felt the need to thump their chest at the sight of my gun, I figured id give you guys a glimpse of the "final scene"..... just saying........ :cool:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1322750113552.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1322750113552.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 105

ArmySoldier22

Never had anything close to that. I would consider it an isolated run in with an idiot. At least he did not run up to you and tell you how scary your gun is, and how uncomfortable it makes him. That is something I have never understood. If you are so uncomfortable, why are you talking to me?

That's something I've never understood either. But I've had it happen to me more than once. Some people...