• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

xd-9

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I have an XD-45. It was my first handgun and still one of my favorites. It is a good solid gun. Springfield Armory is known for top quality products so you should be good to go. There are a lot of holsters and accessories out there for the XD series so that is a plus. Did you have any specific concerns or questions about it?

Steeler-gal

Have you had any problems with it jammimg?
I was at the range last night and GF of mine has an XD9 that is new (only used on 3 other ocassions) and it kept jamming all evening. I kept thinking she was being limp wristed but it didn't look like it when I observed her shooting.

j4l

Have you had any problems with it jammimg?
I was at the range last night and GF of mine has an XD9 that is new (only used on 3 other ocassions) and it kept jamming all evening. I kept thinking she was being limp wristed but it didn't look like it when I observed her shooting.

Could just be ammo, or if that ammo is seated properly in the mag. And, there's the break-in period to consider..

Aknazer

I have an XD-9SC and an XDm-40 and haven't had any issues with either jamming. Naturally I prefer the 40 but the 9 is still a good gun and I don't have any complaints with it.

Steeler-gal

Could just be ammo, or if that ammo is seated properly in the mag. And, there's the break-in period to consider..

Thanks! I was thinking it might be the ammo or breaking-in but I wasn’t sure either was an option.
I have an XDm 40 and have never had any problems with it. I loaded and fired her gun twice and had no problems. She’d load her mag and 3 shots into it and it’s jammed, which kept me thinking she was being limp-wristed. May be she was loading the ammo weird or incorrectly.

gunman

Thanks for the info,no real concerns,and I dont know about a jamming issue yet I just bought it lastnight.so I wont have a chance to shoot it until saturday.

scouser

I have the XDM 9 compact and have had no problems at all with it.. That thing kicks out whatever I put in it, and I mean kicks it out in the way it's supposed to. I tried both the XD & the XDM before buying and although it was slightly more expensive I went with the XDM because it felt more comfortable in my hands, but that's just a personal opinion.
Also have the XDM 45, in fact I just picked that up this morning. Bought it yesterday, but the background check didn't go through before the dealer closed ... my purchases don't get approved automatically, they always get flagged for an actual human being to check them.
Hope you got the rebate form for the extra 3 magazines as the final day for that promotion was yesterday.