• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GRNC president Paul Valone offers congratulations...and a warning

cricketdad

g22, from your own post and off the site..."including 85,000 mailed directly to gun owners across the state".

forgive me but i do not see the word email anywhere on the website's page i cited..

i am sure g22 you can see how i got confused, just as apparently you have by interjecting the word 'email'. Please note, i am not talking about the 'alerts' which specifically state are emailed in an other section of the website, but a specific remember november candidate voter document!

wabbit

Actually we do have email addresses. They were volunteerly given to us a few years ago during an email campaign. As for the other it public info. I'm just not revealing how it's gleaned.

Doble Troble

Any mistrust of GRNC by a gun-owning North Carolinian is misplaced

GRNC has done more for concealed and open carry than it gets 10% credit for.

If a GRNC appeal sounds dramatic, trust me the forces behind it are 10X more dramatic than what you're hearing.

As Second Amendment supporters we are absolutely correct on fact and principle. We are also 180* opposite to what most people want to "feel" and "believe" - it's really "scary" to begin to understand that self-defense is the only adequate defense.

If the support of gun-owners and bearers like us wavers, the ability of the ONLY effective force fighting for freedom to bear arms in NC - GRNC - will be diminished.

If you are an NC gunowner and see improvements that should be made GET OFF YOUR BUTT, JOIN GRNC, GET INVOLVED, AND MAKE THEM! Otherwise, don't bash the one that has kept you bearing arms. If you do, next stop is California East - and it will be YOUR fault.

Restaurant carry is really more of a need than a want, isn't it? GRNC is close, very close to scoring this, but will only IF ALL OF US WORK TOGETHER!

Last edited:

ncwabbit

one person's potato

sorry it appears your wiki found definition of bashing must be different then mine...no where in this thread did anybody bash the organization...discuss their 'sky is falling, the wolf is coming' rethoric filled promotional material, yes...followed by further discussion aimed from a positive provided constructive suggestions to improve it.

wabbit

Doble Troble

From bashing to delusion...

Delusion 1: Claiming that an organization is promoting "sky is falling, wolf is coming" rhetoric does not constitute "bashing".

Delusion 2: That GRNC's appeal even approached questionable rhetoric.

Delusion 3: That you were trying to be "constructive".

If you don't consider HB 650 a success, maybe you should retreat even in your own home if threatened with violence, and pretend that we still don't have a Castle Doctrine in NC, and leave your gun at home if you ever plan to stop at a state or municipal park?

ncwabbit

maybe i miss read or misunderstood

***** = sky is falling/wolf calling, rethoric
bolded text = is there a cite to this unsubstated rethoric?
then the money pitch follows...

I reiterate once again, i have not maligned nor debated the organizational contributions made to the gun carrying community of NC by this organization only discussed this specific fundraiser's promotional document at the beginning of the post.

wabbit

guess my daddy was right, some ppl shouldnt be allowed to wander outside their village...

cited from OP's original post (quote)
*****Now for the bad news: ******Republicans in the legislature (all of the rep legislatures?) continue to stonewall on giving you restaurant carry, municipalities are doing their best to willfully subvert concealed carry in parks, and worst of all ...

*****Your home state is being targeted by Obama leftists!

That's right: Obama has you in his sights. Not just by visiting the state repeatedly (on your dime, of course), not just by staging the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte ... *****no, you can expect to see the same ACORN-inspired leftists "occupying" the state you call home!

"Parties agree: N.C. is key to 2012," said a recent headline.(subjective and from what publication since it is quoted?) "It's hard to put together a scenario in which a Republican [presidential candidate] gets 270 electoral votes without North Carolina," said one GOP strategist.(subjective and from what strategist said this?) . *****Will you let the loony left turn a conservative state "blue" once again?

*****And it gets worse: Not only are Obama's people setting you up for a second term, in which they will unveil the full anti-gun agenda they have camouflaged until now.(subjective and from where is publication ?) , but if 2008 is any representation ...

*****Obama's "coat-tail" effect could undo
everything you have accomplished in the state!

*****Remember the last time? Avowed anti-gunner Joe Hackney (GRNC 0-star) as Speaker of the House; ACLU director Deborah Ross (0-star) as chair of the powerful Judiciary Committee, where all gun bills are heard; Hugh Holliman (0-star) as House Majority Leader.

Remember how Holliman & Co. killed your Castle Doctrine bill? (Before GRNC removed him from office, of course.) .(subjective as it is unclear who lost their election since the preceeding para talks about several ppl - the org removed him or them) Remember the narrowly-defeated bills to register gun owners with the State Bureau of Investigation, or to prosecute gun owners for having the audacity to have guns stolen from them? (subjective per se and is this a organizational win or ?)

*****That's our future unless we act ASAP!
(excellent copy on next two paragraphs:)
RNC is getting bigger, better and stronger. We've revamped our alerts and our web site. We're working more gun shows - and activating more gun owners - across the state than ever before.

In 2010, GRNC's "Remember in November" project put essential information on which candidates support your rights into the hands of 110,000 gun voters, including 75,000 mailed directly to them. The GRNC Political Victory Fund mailed tens of thousands of postcard election alerts and did radio spots in 14 state races and one congressional race.

But we need more!

*****To repel the left, to preserve and extend our gains, and to rout Obama in a critical state ...

I want YOU to help GRNC, in the 2012 election, to get out 150,000 voter guides; to mail 100,000 (personally, still have a security question about this comment) to gun owning voters, and to do postcard election alerts and radio spots in at least 20 races where we can make a difference.

Yes, I know you're short of cash. The economy is lousy; maybe - like me - you're earning a fraction of what you used to; maybe you don't even have a job.

But understand this: *****What's at stake is the future - the future for you, for your kids, and for your country. So I'm asking you to:

Contribute to Grass Roots North Carolina! -- http://grnc.org/join-grnc/contribute

Even if you are already a member, and even if you have already done so, we need your help and we need it now.

If you know me, you know I don't make a habit of dunning you for money. And if you know GRNC, you know we promise to put your money to more efficient, effective use than any other gun rights organization; GRNC promises you "Max" bang for your legislative buck (subjective can you provide specifics?. *****So please help GRNC defend the gains we've made and further our inroads toward restoring your constitutionally-protected freedoms.

Armatissimi e liberissimi,

F. Paul Valone
President, Grass Roots North Carolina Reply With Quote Blog this Post
(unquote) .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Doble Troble

Misunderstood.

You're delusional if: (1) you think Obama and his administration aren't targetting both NC and gun rights; (2) you don't realize that Assembly Repubs caved to Libs which resulted in no restaurant carry and limited carry in parks; (3) if you don't think GRNC has played a key role in getting the carry rights we do have; (4) if you don't realize that this next election is critical for consolidating progress that has been made.

Misunderstanding, delusion and lack of appreciation of work done on your behalf is causing you problems. Either that or you're a NCGV troll.

ncwabbit

hummm

guess my daddy's adage was correct...never argue w/an idiot for you will never win and never lower yourself to their level as you still can't succeed as they have far more practice...

therefore, you are, as i am sure you feel you always are, absolutely correct of your assessment...

may you go well w/that presumtive victory and may your life be filled w/the joys you reap from your apparent inability to maintain respect while discussing another's opinions.

may your holidays be spent w/friends and those close to you...

wabbit
aka troll bunny

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
ncwabbit & Doble Troble...

You're both acting like idiots. We're supposed to be on the same side here. Find some common ground and work together or leave it and agree to disagree.

smlawrence

I think everyone is allowed their opinion. I would rather see it as a respectful debate but I can understand someone looking in and questioning tactics and information given to obtain one of the things that is getting harder to come by and keep(money). I can also understand the side that has a strong feeling for the Organization that is trying to aide in getting the gun rights we deserve. Like it was said, "We are ultimately after the same goal". Opinions will vary about how we get to that goal but also like he said, lets find some common ground to agree on, respectfully debate the uncommon ground, and work together to keep pushing forward. Just my 2cents. Merry Christmas.

cricketdad

I think everyone is allowed their opinion. I would rather see it as a respectful debate but I can understand someone looking in and questioning tactics and information given to obtain one of the things that is getting harder to come by and keep(money). I can also understand the side that has a strong feeling for the Organization that is trying to aide in getting the gun rights we deserve. Like it was said, "We are ultimately after the same goal". Opinions will vary about how we get to that goal but also like he said, lets find some common ground to agree on, respectfully debate the uncommon ground, and work together to keep pushing forward. Just my 2cents. Merry Christmas.

The only way to get some of the answers is to get involved and work your way up in the organization. Some things just can't be said in a public forum.

ncwabbit

valid point

however, critical thinking skills are invaluable and everyone should use them on a daily basis in examining all facets of the massive amount of information that hits us, from the news media, from the printed material, as well as from our interaction(s) with those around us. part of that critical thinking process should filter out the emotionality of material so we can examine and make decisions based on logical, fact based information.

I can certainly appreciate the concern to not wish to post information on an open forum such as this...actually was suprised the forum and all its contents can be searched from google and the results even show our individual profile w/all its information...

as i have steadfastly maintained...GRNC might wish to evaluate its recruitment and fund raiser material because the material does not pass a critical thinking evaluation as it is currently written.

thoughout history, there have been organizations (freemasons immediately come to mind) who maintain a low profile in their activities and have thrived in their community participation...all without any type of advertising.

wabbit

Last edited:

ncwabbit

agent of change...

been there and done that and i feel at this point of my adult career there might be other organization(s) who might benefit from my expertise and other contributions i might have to offer.

thanks for the GRNC comments...

wabbit