• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting carry idea

Peacekeeper

A friend of mine had one of these ... when he drew his handgun the peg broke off and stayed in the barrel making the handgun useless and dangerous for defense.

Resdon111

That thing seems about as likely to retain the handgun as a lubricated ferret trying to juggle Rugers.

hrdware

That thing seems about as likely to retain the handgun as a lubricated ferret trying to juggle Rugers.

I think this thing is designed more for CC than OC where retention is not as important.

Using an unloaded firearm, I tried placing inside my pants at 3 and 4 o'clock. Had no issue drawing against a tucked shirt or with an un-tucked shirt. It was a little cold against my skin though. I may try and get one of the Gen II ones for CC.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
A friend of mine had one of these ... when he drew his handgun the peg broke off and stayed in the barrel making the handgun useless and dangerous for defense.

Hmmmmm, the website claims this this is impossible. It says that no one has ever broken the peg and that even if the peg were to break it would fall out because it is actually slightly smaller than the barrel diameter.

2. Will the barrel retention rod get stuck in my barrel, if it’s broken off?

No the rod will drop free from the barrel because it is sized .015 under the barrels diameter. Side note: No one has ever broken a barrel retention rod.
http://www.versacarry.com/frequently-asked-questions/

Did your friend pursue it with the company at all?

Cobra469

With only 1 brace how do you keep it from canting all over with your body? Other than wearing a wider belt? I have a nylon holster that does that and it is extremely annoying. Especially when you sit in a car and have to adjust it every time. I'll stay with my Serpa Blackhawk or my Ugly Holster from Cleveland Holsters. If I buy something else it will be for comfort and quality not something cheap that I almost expect to be sold on "As Seen On TV" infomercials.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Versa Carry works fine!

In anticipation of my CCL I got a Galco SOB. It works OK as a discrete carry holster, it in no way conceals from hysterical-eyes.

I got my Versa Carry shortly before my CCL and have used it exclusively since and with complete satisfaction. I keep my CCW on the nightstand with the Versa Carry mounted. When I dress to go armed then I just slip my H&K USPc .40 into my waistband and make sure the belt hook is securely engaged. On disarming the belt hook is easily disengaged and the whole unit, CCW and Versa Carry removed. I wear it at 5:00 - 5:30.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
In anticipation of my CCL I got a Galco SOB. It works OK as a discrete carry holster, it in no way conceals from hysterical-eyes.

I got my Versa Carry shortly before my CCL and have used it exclusively since and with complete satisfaction. I keep my CCW on the nightstand with the Versa Carry mounted. When I dress to go armed then I just slip my H&K USPc .40 into my waistband and make sure the belt hook is securely engaged. On disarming the belt hook is easily disengaged and the whole unit, CCW and Versa Carry removed. I wear it at 5:00 - 5:30.

Interesting. What is the model number of the Galco SOB holster? I may invest in one!

I am currently wearing a Bianchi Evader for my Glock 36. The Evader holster conceals well (for me) and is very quick on releasing the firearm if needed. A "sweep" from the middle finger as the gun is pulled is all it takes. This action is much more natural (to me) than using my index finger to depress the release on my Blackhawk Serpa holster to release the firearm.

RR_Broccoli

http://www.versacarry.com/

Not sure if I would use it though.I would prefer to have some protection around the gun and not have it rubbing against my skin

Sorta depends on the gun. One with a safety I might consider it.

Otherwise, you are sliding a gun into your pants AND creating a barrel obstruction at the same time. So, catch it on worn jeans or whatever and the thing splits the barrel right at your hip or worse, in front near the arteries. I'd use one of those screw on clips way before that thing. Plus, with the gun out it's going to get lost somewhere.

But, my PF-9 has no safety to disengage. I don't even like having the damn thing in a pocket with one in the chamber. The flimsy holster I got for my car barely has enough trigger coverage to suit me. (It's mounted in my center console.)

[Have a Cross Breed on the way.]

awnuts

Do not like. Then again fat old guys like me cant and dont carry iwb. I'll stay with my galcos outside the pants.