• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting carry idea

Kc.38

I think the main complaint on these is no trigger guard and thats a pretty big deal. IMHO

SFCRetired

Either I'm more blind than I thought I was or, in the pictures on that site, that individual has his/her finger on the trigger. Talk about unsafe practices!

I would not use one of these for both reasons mentioned by other posters; no trigger guard and weapon not protected against skin moisture.

Wolf1477

Ouch, with a 1911 you'd need to wear Kevlar underwear to get by without severe slide bite.

There's a few of those style "clip holsters" out there, so far I have yet to see one worth the $$ to try it. I'll stick with an honest to goodness holster like my CBST or Serpa (altho I am wanting to try one of Cleveland's if I ever get the spare $$, looks a bit more adjustable than my CBST)

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
It's an interesting design. Their website says the GenII model will have an optional trigger guard.

Carcharodon

Exactly what you guys said. Also the idea of sweating all over my gun and having it leave those itchy red pressure marks on my skin isn't very appealing either.

Captain Nemo

Easily modified. Get a 1/2 inch nylon strap. Hot glue it to the inside of the belt clamp. Put firearm on peg. Run nylon strap around gun. Cut strap to length. Put velcro on strap ends. Clamp holder to the outside of the belt instead of inside belt. Good to go.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Order #582

I hope they charge at least double for a trigger guard. Double again for each level of mechanical retention. Total (plant) awareness works for me.

BROKENSPROKET

No trigger guard?? This guy has no business selling holsters. The first lawsuit from a ND with one of his holsters, is going financially bury him, and rightly so.

Wolf1477

No trigger guard?? This guy has no business selling holsters. The first lawsuit from a ND with one of his holsters, is going financially bury him, and rightly so.

Nah, not necessarily, there's a few other brands out there with skeletonized holsters like that, Clipdraw is even more minimal: http://www.clipdraw.com/

Not sayin' I agree with the method, just sayin' it's out there.

hrdware

Nope, the package clearly states not to carry a loaded firearm when using the device.