Thread: San Diego Open Carry

San Diego Open Carry

First off I apologize if this information if out there but I couldn't really find much on it. I was just wondering if there was a place that I can find information about any upcoming OC events in San Diego? I am looking to come to an event and utilize my right before it is banned

Welcome!

You're in the right place. The winds of change are blowing so a lot of people here are trying to figure out their own positions as the new law comes into effect.

I would be happy to get together with you and open carry a few more times with pistols before it's banned. It's important for you to spend some time and read up on the laws, if you like we can get some coffee and chat. I'm sure some of the other San Diego regulars would come and hang out.

So pick a time and we can all agree on a place and meet up!
    "I do not love the sword for its gleam, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory; I love only what they protect."
    — J.R.R. Tolkien

That sounds great. I have read and am familiar with the laws and the places that we are not allowed to carry. I don't know where you guys are in San Diego but I live near downtown and work in at the Gillespie Airport in Santee/el cajon. So we could definitely meet at either or both spots. Next week is good for me. Booked up Monday with work but Tuesday is open for lunch a meet that evening on my way home. Shoot me a private message or email at jcarney88@gmail.com and I can send you my number and we can make this happen.

Man I must need my morning coffee because that post is full if typos, but I am flexible with meeting anywhere in south or east county.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=32.841...h&vpsrc=6&z=18

Lets get together here on Tuesday. It's our usual Santee Starbucks spot. I don't have school on Tuesdays so anytime if good for me. Pick a time and I'll be there. Maybe some others will show up too.
    "I do not love the sword for its gleam, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory; I love only what they protect."
    — J.R.R. Tolkien

That sounds good, do you mean the shopping center where the MTS trolley stops? I am good for lunch over there, Angie's Burgers makes a pretty good burger. How does noon sound? I work at Gillespie so I am right around the corner.

Put me down for a definate maybe.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

I definitely maybe look forward to meeting you

Noon works for me. See you then!
    — J.R.R. Tolkien

So we are on the same page as in which starbucks? The one at the end of the trolley line?

Yup, that's the one.
    — J.R.R. Tolkien

Normally I'd ask what you'd be wearing or tell you what I'll have on but I don't think that's going to be an issue. Looking forward to Tuesday. See you at noon and hopefully others too.

HAHA I can add that to my list of things I don't have to worry about while open carrying.
    — J.R.R. Tolkien

Sorry guys I'm out.
    If it were a weekend I might be able to make it. I'm at work every week day 5AM to 5PM.

Sent from behind enemy lines using a Commodore 64.
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

We will let you know the next time we meet

Check the area carefully to make sure there is no school within 1000 feet of your meet. I think there is a school near there.

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    Check the area carefully to make sure there is no school within 1000 feet of your meet. I think there is a school near there.
    good catch, Thank you. however, if you look at the location of the SB they are talking about, and map it, the school is .5 miles away. aprox.
    The close one is a day care only, and knowing Josh, I am sure he has made sure that that day care does not have k-12.
    He has been doing this a while now and knows how to map his city.

the map he posted was just the general local. not the addy of the SB.

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    No worries, we have met there 4 or 5 times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVyXx...&feature=g-all
    Last edited by Gundude; 12-05-2011 at 12:55 AM.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Thanks for the heads up I know the area pretty well also and I am always checking maps, I actually live about 20 feet inside of a school zone so I'm always checking. Looking forward to meeting up on Tuesday.

Yea this place is good to go. Thanks for the heads up Gravedigger, it's always good to double check. The last thing anyone wants is to spend some time in jail for not doing our homework.
    There is a lot of 2A friendly businesses around there so I like to support them.
    — J.R.R. Tolkien

It was really great meeting you two today and I am looking forward to meeting up again. Hopefully at least once more before you take-off for the holidays. I will let you know when I get a hold of that other gentleman and we can set up another meet.