• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

San Diego Open Carry

jim8588

First off I apologize if this information if out there but I couldn't really find much on it. I was just wondering if there was a place that I can find information about any upcoming OC events in San Diego? I am looking to come to an event and utilize my right before it is banned

Joshua Costa

Activist Member
Welcome!

You're in the right place. The winds of change are blowing so a lot of people here are trying to figure out their own positions as the new law comes into effect.

I would be happy to get together with you and open carry a few more times with pistols before it's banned. It's important for you to spend some time and read up on the laws, if you like we can get some coffee and chat. I'm sure some of the other San Diego regulars would come and hang out.

So pick a time and we can all agree on a place and meet up!

jim8588

That sounds great. I have read and am familiar with the laws and the places that we are not allowed to carry. I don't know where you guys are in San Diego but I live near downtown and work in at the Gillespie Airport in Santee/el cajon. So we could definitely meet at either or both spots. Next week is good for me. Booked up Monday with work but Tuesday is open for lunch a meet that evening on my way home. Shoot me a private message or email at jcarney88@gmail.com and I can send you my number and we can make this happen.

jim8588

Man I must need my morning coffee because that post is full if typos, but I am flexible with meeting anywhere in south or east county.

jim8588

That sounds good, do you mean the shopping center where the MTS trolley stops? I am good for lunch over there, Angie's Burgers makes a pretty good burger. How does noon sound? I work at Gillespie so I am right around the corner.

jim8588

Normally I'd ask what you'd be wearing or tell you what I'll have on but I don't think that's going to be an issue. Looking forward to Tuesday. See you at noon and hopefully others too.

Iopencarry

Check the area carefully to make sure there is no school within 1000 feet of your meet. I think there is a school near there.

good catch, Thank you. however, if you look at the location of the SB they are talking about, and map it, the school is .5 miles away. aprox.
The close one is a day care only, and knowing Josh, I am sure he has made sure that that day care does not have k-12.
He has been doing this a while now and knows how to map his city.

the map he posted was just the general local. not the addy of the SB.

jim8588

Thanks for the heads up I know the area pretty well also and I am always checking maps, I actually live about 20 feet inside of a school zone so I'm always checking. Looking forward to meeting up on Tuesday.

Joshua Costa

Activist Member
Yea this place is good to go. Thanks for the heads up Gravedigger, it's always good to double check. The last thing anyone wants is to spend some time in jail for not doing our homework.
There is a lot of 2A friendly businesses around there so I like to support them.