• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shoulder rigs

Jack House

I'm thinking about getting a shoulder rig for my P99 and would like some suggestions. I am ambidextrous and carry on either side, depending on the situation. While I typically carry on my left side, I am right hand dominate.

The reason I carry on the left side is because my gun is less likely to be exposed. I am confident in my ability to shoot left handed. And everything else I have is carried on the right side.

Not interested in the fluff? Basically, I'm looking for a cheap, quality ambidextrous shoulder rig that will be comfortable on a fat man.

Posted using my HTC Evo

Jack House

That's some really nice work, but alas, I do not have the skill for that. Electronics on the other hand... icon11.png

Dreamer

The Galco Miami Classic is a nice rig, but for a little more, the "Jackass" series from Galco is a LOT more durable, rugged, and comfortable. IT has wider shoulder straps, the leather is a little more firm, and it's mostly made from horsehide which is one of the best kinds of leather for making holsters that are carried close to the body...

But the wider shoulder straps of the Jackass series is it's REAL strong point--a few fractions of an inch in strap width over the shoulders go a LONG way to making a shoulder rig MUCH more comfy for all-day wear, especially if you are hauling around a full-sized handgun and a couple extra mags...

http://www.usgalco.com/Marketing/Jackass.htm

Last edited:

xmanhockey7

The Galco Miami Classic is a nice rig, but for a little more, the "Jackass" series from Galco is a LOT more durable, rugged, and comfortable. IT has wider shoulder straps, the leather is a little more firm, and it's mostly made from horsehide which is one of the best kinds of leather for making holsters that are carried close to the body...

But the wider shoulder straps of the Jackass series is it's REAL strong point--a few fractions of an inch in strap width over the shoulders go a LONG way to making a shoulder rig MUCH more comfy for all-day wear, especially if you are hauling around a full-sized handgun and a couple extra mags...

http://www.usgalco.com/Marketing/Jackass.htm

Yeah I've considered getting the MCII straps so it might be a little more comfortable. After wearing the shoulder holster all day it kinda bothers me around my shoulder blades.