Thread: Constitutional Carry Fundraiser 2/17/12

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Constitutional Carry Fundraiser 2/17/12

CLSD will be hosting a Constitutional Carry fundraising event at Sunnybrook Bowling in Sterling Heights on Friday, February 17th, 2012 at 10pm. This event is open to the public and the more the merrier! There is a bar located in the bowling alley, but the owners have granted permission for non CPL holders to lawfully OC on the premises.

Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 at the door. This includes 3 games, shoes, 2 slices of pizza and pop. If you would like to register in advance you may visit
    http://www.citizensleaguesd.com/p/co...rry-rally.html to donate. Please be sure to include "bowling" in the memo line and print out your paypal confirmation and present it as your ticket at the door. If you have any questions feel free to email us at info@citizensleaguesd.com

We will have an informational table set up in the lobby with a few door prizes and other items on hand.

The owners are big supporters of the Con Carry Rally and the 2nd Amendment. There will be posters up in the bowling alley and info on their website regarding the event.

Directions
    http://sunnybrookgolfandbowl.com/Con...age=Contact+Us

Thank you!

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    For what it's worth you can give away one of my books as a prize for this event. You have copies so that shouldn't be a problem.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

bump

Not to sound rude, but will there be a written document as proof of the permission granted by the owner so that our non CPL friends can be assured they are within 750.234d if the legality of it comes into question?
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Quote Originally Posted by Yance View Post
    Not to sound rude, but will there be a written document as proof of the permission granted by the owner so that our non CPL friends can be assured they are within 750.234d if the legality of it comes into question?
    It's not rude at all -- it's a valid question, especially since the event is at a bowling alley (most sell liquor for on-premise consumption). I hope someone from CLSD will answer this soon and have the permission documented in writing.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Yes, we have this in writing.

Hey good to know!
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

bump

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Cool A Couple of weeks to go :)

Cool. Hi General I have a couple of questions:

What percentage of the funds raised are to be used for the rally [minus the cost of this event of course]? Thanks I got burned years ago & now I am always cautious to ask questions before donating.

Regards,

G9OS
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 02-01-2012 at 09:01 PM.
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Minus cost, 100% of the proceeds will go towards the rally.

Bump, this Friday!

We will copies of our OC Handbook and Venator's "My Parents Open Carry" on hand, as well as some select sizes of our Constitutional Carry T-shirts. We will also have a couple door prizes available.

Just a reminder OC is allowed and we have written permission for those who do not have a CPL to OC. Even if you are not interested in bowling stop by and pick up a shirt or book and help support the rally.

Hope you can make it!