• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional Carry Fundraiser 2/17/12

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
CLSD will be hosting a Constitutional Carry fundraising event at Sunnybrook Bowling in Sterling Heights on Friday, February 17th, 2012 at 10pm. This event is open to the public and the more the merrier! There is a bar located in the bowling alley, but the owners have granted permission for non CPL holders to lawfully OC on the premises.

Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 at the door. This includes 3 games, shoes, 2 slices of pizza and pop. If you would like to register in advance you may visit
http://www.citizensleaguesd.com/p/constitutional-carry-rally.html to donate. Please be sure to include "bowling" in the memo line and print out your paypal confirmation and present it as your ticket at the door. If you have any questions feel free to email us at info@citizensleaguesd.com

We will have an informational table set up in the lobby with a few door prizes and other items on hand.

The owners are big supporters of the Con Carry Rally and the 2nd Amendment. There will be posters up in the bowling alley and info on their website regarding the event.

Directions
http://sunnybrookgolfandbowl.com/ContactUs.asp?Page=Contact+Us

Thank you!

Yance

Not to sound rude, but will there be a written document as proof of the permission granted by the owner so that our non CPL friends can be assured they are within 750.234d if the legality of it comes into question?

TheQ

Not to sound rude, but will there be a written document as proof of the permission granted by the owner so that our non CPL friends can be assured they are within 750.234d if the legality of it comes into question?

It's not rude at all -- it's a valid question, especially since the event is at a bowling alley (most sell liquor for on-premise consumption). I hope someone from CLSD will answer this soon and have the permission documented in writing.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
A Couple of weeks to go :)

Cool. Hi General I have a couple of questions:

What percentage of the funds raised are to be used for the rally [minus the cost of this event of course]? Thanks I got burned years ago & now I am always cautious to ask questions before donating.

Regards,

G9OS

Last edited:

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
We will copies of our OC Handbook and Venator's "My Parents Open Carry" on hand, as well as some select sizes of our Constitutional Carry T-shirts. We will also have a couple door prizes available.

Just a reminder OC is allowed and we have written permission for those who do not have a CPL to OC. Even if you are not interested in bowling stop by and pick up a shirt or book and help support the rally.

Hope you can make it!