• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Replay XD1080 – A flashlight that records in 1080p

Bill Starks

State Researcher
not really a flashlight......Cost is about $280

http://replayxd.com/replay-xd1080-camera/

http://fmgpublications.ipaperus.com/FMGPublications/GUNS/GUNS0112/?page=72

replayxd1080-1-hero.jpg

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Nice. It would be nice to see how many Mb/min it is to record on each setting, so I could understand how long a 32GB SDHC card would hold.

I was able to find some more stats.

Seems for full HD (highest quality settings), it is around 34Mb/min.
With the stock memory it will hold about 2hrs
With the max size memory upgrade (32GB) it will hold about 16hrs

This sounds good to me, pretty much all day. Now just worried about how long the battery will last.

Edit: Battery life information found.

It’s rated at 122 minutes of video. But there are reports of it being only about 1/4 full after taking only about 20 minutes of video at full resolution. Additionally, you can't have spare batteries as the battery is built into the design (a side effect of being so small).

Unfortunately, that's likely a killer for me. Other than battery life this looks like an awesome little tool.

Last edited:

GreatWhiteLlama

This would be a handy little device to have mounted in your vehicle with power and the optional live streaming equipment connected to it. No worries about video or audio recordings 'disappearing'. :)

Bill Starks

State Researcher
All times are approximate due to environmental changes and complexity of recorded activities.
2GB = ~60 min. (1 hr)
4GB = ~120 min. (2 hr)
8GB = ~240 min. (4 hr)
16GB = ~480 min. (8 hr)
32GB = ~960 min. (16 hr)

Last edited:

FMCDH

Interesting, but without sound, its kind of a niche item, and nearly useless in a LEO encounter unless you had it mounted in your car very smartly.

MadHatter66

Interesting, but without sound, its kind of a niche item, and nearly useless in a LEO encounter unless you had it mounted in your car very smartly.

Without sound? It shows on their site that it records audio... You can also attach an external mic as well for more clarity if needed... Could attach this to your belt with an upward cant (to show faces and such) and run an external mic up to your lapel...

As you also said, you could mount it in a car right on or next to the "A" pillar on the passenger side facing the driver and run the mic over to the drivers "A" pillar or visor... the 135* FOV should capture everything you need on a traffic stop if they approach on the drivers side.

Internal Audio:
Along with everything else, we spend a lot of time obsessing over audio. We’ve accumulated thousands of hours developing, engineering, and testing the right combination of acoustic materials and microphones to suppress windnoise yet still capture realistic audio.

External Audio*
For the extra critical audio situation we have built in an External Audio option to connect high quality Lav Mics,Ext. Audio sources, or other In-car Radio Communication through a standard 3.5mm Mini-jack adapter.

[SUB]*External Audio Line-In available via Replay XD1080 HW Adapter. Available Soon.[/SUB]

FMCDH

Without sound? It shows on their site that it records audio... You can also attach an external mic as well for more clarity if needed... Could attach this to your belt with an upward cant (to show faces and such) and run an external mic up to your lapel...

As you also said, you could mount it in a car right on or next to the "A" pillar on the passenger side facing the driver and run the mic over to the drivers "A" pillar or visor... the 135* FOV should capture everything you need on a traffic stop if they approach on the drivers side.

Doh! I didn't read the entire thing, I was rushing out the door to a family dinner when I was posting.

My Bad! :uhoh:

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
contourGPS.jpg

Take a look at some of the Motorcycle/ATV Helmet cams, specifically the Contour HD or Contour GPS.
At $200 or less, they record 1080P HD quality video and SOUND.

pixel.gifEdit to add it also has a removable battery so you can keep spares

Last edited: