• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cottleville, Mo.

Oramac

Anyone know if there's anything preventing OC in Cottleville? I checked their website, but it says it hasn't been updated since 2007! Crazy.

As an aside, did anyone know it's illegal to fart in a threatening manner in Cottleville? Seriously.

Cottleville City Code said:
SECTION 210.210: PEACE DISTURBANCE

A person commits the offense of peace disturbance if:

1. He/she unreasonably and knowingly disturbs or alarms another person or persons by:

e. Creating a noxious and offensive odor.

Firedawg314

Its sad... I think the law was intended for those who pisses off others like "not shooting into an outhouse". What's jacked up, you can call and report of someone wearing a shirt too short and exposing their...boobs to much. Its really weird.

Oramac

I suppose I should have created 2 threads. lol.

Does anyone know the answer to my first question? About OC in Cottleville?

RPGamingGirl

I suppose I should have created 2 threads. lol.

Does anyone know the answer to my first question? About OC in Cottleville?

First i would check with the police department (most have a non-emergency number you can call) or city hall (i suggest city hall, personally) to be sure there hasn't been a law regarding OC added since 2007.

If there isn't an ordinance against it, or they aren't aware of one (we ran into that; the mayor himself was in the office, sure there was a law on the books, but couldn't find it), then check with the county. If a city doesn't have a law against open carry, it defaults back to the county level.

If the county doesn't have a law regarding OC, then it's legal, as per Missouri law.

Basically, just start at the bottom with phone calls and work your way up.

Sorry, that one just slipped out unexpectedly.

*snicker*

Last edited:

Mo

Banned
I'd go to City Hall and ask to look at an ordinance book. I wouldn't bother asking the police unless you wanted to hear threats, opinions and lectures.

xdmcompact

First i would check with the police department (most have a non-emergency number you can call) or city hall (i suggest city hall, personally) to be sure there hasn't been a law regarding OC added since 2007.

If there isn't an ordinance against it, or they aren't aware of one (we ran into that; the mayor himself was in the office, sure there was a law on the books, but couldn't find it), then check with the county. If a city doesn't have a law against open carry, it defaults back to the county level.

If the county doesn't have a law regarding OC, then it's legal, as per Missouri law.

Basically, just start at the bottom with phone calls and work your way up.

*snicker*

Please stop telling people to call the police department to ask about OC, all it does is cause them to rethink the law on it. Has happened in numerous municipalities. We need someone to write a thread and make it a sticky for a recommended way of approaching a muni about their laws on OC. Police officers are known to insert their fear and opinion as law and have went as far as threatening arrest if you do it, even though it is legal. (Ask me how I know)