• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Training in Vilas County area?

stickbow95

Can anyone recommend a reputable trainer in the above area? I have a family member who is interested in obtaining her CCL. She (my sister) lives by herself, and has had a few "incidents" take place over the last few months. She carries pepper spray at all times. However, she wants to be able to carry a handgun from time to time. She has absolutely no firearm experience as she has never before had any interest in them. I did take her out and let her shoot my XDm 3.8 9mm. She loved it and, after a few "pointers", did fairly well. She could even hit my 6" steel gong at 25yds, about 40% of the time. But she needs good training. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

safcrkr

A guy named Dan Tomasoski in Eagle River is an AACFI and certified UT instructor, and is giving classes in Eagle River. He has an ad in the Vilas County News Review and their "Trader" sale paper... I don't what his schedule looks like. I didn't take his class (took mine from BDJ back in 2005), but Dan's a decent guy, and is a FFL too. He's been in Eagle River for decades, he used to manage the Pamida store, and has a photography business here also, so he's not a "fly-by-night" shyster. Check it out... I hear he is busy though.

stickbow95

Coincidentally, my Dad just called me about that ad. I mentioned the Woodruff PD class to him and he called them and signed up for himself and my sister. I am always on the lookout for as much training as I can get, so I may look into some of Dan's classes. I might even put my sister through as well. (She's fairly tight on funds.)

Thanks again.