Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: December Open Carry Table (WAC Show) 12/10-11/2011

  1. #1
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291

    December Open Carry Table (WAC Show) 12/10-11/2011

    A table has been reserved, Deros & GoGoDawgs will be working the table on Sat 12/10 and I will be there on the 11th. Are there any other volunteers?

    <let the WAC bashing begin>

  2. #2
    Regular Member OrangeIsTrouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tukwila, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,398
    The wac is WHACK!




    and so are the guys at the ocdo table. They are loonies!


    Sunday. kthxbai.


    Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

    Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenIsFaster View Post
    The wac is WHACK!




    and so are the guys at the ocdo table. They are loonies!


    Sunday. kthxbai.
    cya
    Live Free or Die!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769
    I will be there Sunday

  5. #5
    Regular Member TechnoWeenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,086
    I can be there.

  6. #6
    Regular Member FMCDH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,043
    Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    Everyone remember to stop by the coffee meet in Bothell on Saturday at 10am while your on your way to the show.
    I think this thread is referring to a different show, the following weekend in Puyallup.

    BUT there is a WAC show down in Monroe on the 3rd too.
    Last edited by FMCDH; 12-02-2011 at 02:27 AM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member OrangeIsTrouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tukwila, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,398
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoWeenie View Post
    I can be there.
    Help find me a deal on the EXPS3 or the 556!

    And a 37mm launcher!

    And a buncha 223!

    And a drum mag!


    Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

    Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    1,001
    If I don't have work, I'll be there! I love hanging out with the guys from OCDO and other local gun forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

    Shooters before hooters.

  9. #9
    Regular Member massivedesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by .45ACPaddy View Post
    I love hanging out with the guys from OCDO and other local gun forums!
    Paddy. WaGuns won't have a table at this show , but support Mr. WaGu in pride!
    www.WaGuns.org

    Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

  10. #10
    Regular Member waterfowl woody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Silvana, Washington, USA
    Posts
    137
    Do they still take away our right to bear arms at the door? If so why don't you guys have your table outside so your rights are not taken away and you are not standing there supporting open carry with a zip tie holding your gun open?
    you can take this as bashing but I urge you to answer these questions. I take my thousands of dollars I would spend there and go elsewhere because of these "take your rights away" rules. honestly If there was a store you liked to shop at would you stop unload your gun and put a zip tie through it because they say it is safer? I think not. well that is my opinion and I hope you guys are not too offended.

  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran slapmonkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by FMCDH View Post
    I think this thread is referring to a different show, the following weekend in Puyallup.

    BUT there is a WAC show down in Monroe on the 3rd too.
    Your correct. I did not notice the date and had assumed this was for the Monroe one this weekend.

    For those still interested in coffee on the way to this show NEXT weekend. You can stop by Federal Way, more details here.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

    It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

    I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran slapmonkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by waterfowl woody View Post
    Do they still take away our right to bear arms at the door? If so why don't you guys have your table outside so your rights are not taken away and you are not standing there supporting open carry with a zip tie holding your gun open?
    you can take this as bashing but I urge you to answer these questions. I take my thousands of dollars I would spend there and go elsewhere because of these "take your rights away" rules. honestly If there was a store you liked to shop at would you stop unload your gun and put a zip tie through it because they say it is safer? I think not. well that is my opinion and I hope you guys are not too offended.
    Your opinion is shared among others as well (read about it here). However, continuing to provide this feedback likely will not change anything due to insurance and other issues surrounding it. I think it be best if we just try to keep WAC threads on topic. By the looks of it, you don't post here often so I wanted to provide you a link that can help summarize the feedback already provided.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

    It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

    I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

  13. #13
    Regular Member FMCDH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,043
    Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    Your opinion is shared among others as well (read about it here). However, continuing to provide this feedback likely will not change anything due to insurance and other issues surrounding it. I think it be best if we just try to keep WAC threads on topic. By the looks of it, you don't post here often so I wanted to provide you a link that can help summarize the feedback already provided.
    +1

    Opinions on this topic have been stated and restated ad-nauseum in other threads, so please don't turn this one into one of those. Just read those and be happy....

  14. #14
    Regular Member waterfowl woody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Silvana, Washington, USA
    Posts
    137
    thanks for the link. slap monkey I guess i spend alot of time in the world and not in front of a computer, so sorry my post numbers are low. I do come on here to get peoples opinions and maybe even learn a little. I see this issue the same as any other business or place telling me my rights don't work there. but in fairness I will not alter the OP. sorry to all as I just wanted to discuss why OPENCARRY supports a business that disarms them?

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667
    Quote Originally Posted by waterfowl woody View Post
    thanks for the link. slap monkey I guess i spend alot of time in the world and not in front of a computer, so sorry my post numbers are low. I do come on here to get peoples opinions and maybe even learn a little. I see this issue the same as any other business or place telling me my rights don't work there. but in fairness I will not alter the OP. sorry to all as I just wanted to discuss why OPENCARRY supports a business that disarms them?
    For the exact reason you just stated.

    Many gun owners (a majority I believe) come to the OCDO table "to get peoples opinions and even learn a little". Most gun owners are uneducated as to OC and their rights in general. I choose to reach out to these folks and help educate them and hopefully GROW the OC movement. (Remember, church is for sinners)

    As a member of WAC, I do not feel the policy is anti-2A, nor do I feel unarmed. I carry, I have a magazine and I have rounds available. Upon leaving the premises, I reload.
    Last edited by gogodawgs; 12-03-2011 at 01:33 PM.
    Live Free or Die!

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    For the exact reason you just stated.

    Many gun owners (a majority I believe) come to the OCDO table "to get peoples opinions and even learn a little". Most gun owners are uneducated as to OC and their rights in general. I choose to reach out to these folks and help educate them and hopefully GROW the OC movement. (Remember, church is for sinners)

    As a member of WAC, I do not feel the policy is anti-2A, nor do I feel unarmed. I carry, I have a magazine and I have rounds available. Upon leaving the premises, I reload.
    +1
    With 800+ tables loaded with firearms, you can rest assured that although not loaded, these guns could be put to use rather quickly if and when needed.

  17. #17
    Campaign Veteran slapmonkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by waterfowl woody View Post
    thanks for the link. slap monkey I guess i spend alot of time in the world and not in front of a computer, so sorry my post numbers are low. I do come on here to get peoples opinions and maybe even learn a little. I see this issue the same as any other business or place telling me my rights don't work there. but in fairness I will not alter the OP. sorry to all as I just wanted to discuss why OPENCARRY supports a business that disarms them?
    Don't get me wrong or take it that I am attacking or requesting anything of you, I am not. In fact, I am one of the few that agree with your statements as seen in the other threads. Your post count really means nothing to me other than you may not visit the forums often and may have missed that this topic has already been beating to death. I wanted to provided you that thread so you can review it, if you so desired. If not, your choice. Just know continued discussion on it may result in a heated discussion.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

    It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

    I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    155
    Does volunteering get us some discount on getting in? I would be willing to work the table, but can't afford the show (I just bought 2 airline tickets to Florida around Christmas! :/ ouch)

    Or will my NRA membership get me in??



    if either of these are true, I will be able to work there.

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Justman1020 View Post
    Does volunteering get us some discount on getting in? I would be willing to work the table, but can't afford the show (I just bought 2 airline tickets to Florida around Christmas! :/ ouch)

    Or will my NRA membership get me in??



    if either of these are true, I will be able to work there.
    No, it is either $8 for single entry or $35 for the year. PM me and I will pay your entrance.
    Live Free or Die!

  20. #20
    Regular Member waterfowl woody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Silvana, Washington, USA
    Posts
    137
    Thanks for the responses guys. good luck at the gun show.

  21. #21
    Regular Member SpyderTattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,018
    To be clear, The December Puyallup show is the last show where non-members will be allowed to be "table helpers". Starting in January, anyone working behind a vendor's table must be a current member of WAC.
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

    A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

  22. #22
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderTattoo View Post
    To be clear, The December Puyallup show is the last show where non-members will be allowed to be "table helpers". Starting in January, anyone working behind a vendor's table must be a current member of WAC.
    When did this pass? i haven't received my "Gun News' since October and GAWD forbid they go online and save any paper....... You'd also think as many folks that are on the Board of Directors that have published books would know a thing or two about this kind of thing..........
    Last edited by Bill Starks; 12-04-2011 at 08:57 PM.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769
    Bill,
    It was in the last issue. I sent you a PM about it. Since OCDO table is NOT a VENDOR, but an information point, we might skate by. How about checking into that for us Spydertattoo
    Last edited by Trigger Dr; 12-04-2011 at 09:48 PM.

  24. #24
    Regular Member SpyderTattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,018
    The idea is that anyone working behind tables must be a member. We've had problems with the table holder/member leaving the table(s) full of guns while the non-member/helper is behind the table. Well, that puts the non-member in control of the weapons. And along that line, the non-member is not allowed to sell guns to anyone. You might have read about an incident like this that we had at the November Monroe show, that story was in the latest Gun News in the "Shooting from the Hip" article.

    If a table (or more) is rented for the weekend, you're considered a vendor. I can see your point though about not selling anything, just giving free information. I don't believe they will see it that way but I can try to find out. It won't matter for next weekend's show, being the last show of the year and this doesn't take effect until January. Maybe Dave Workman will read this and see what he can find out.
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

    A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

  25. #25
    Regular Member OrangeIsTrouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tukwila, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,398
    Ok maybe I lied. Road trip to wisconsin is a possibility, woot woot!


    Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

    Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •