• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

December Open Carry Table (WAC Show) 12/10-11/2011

Bill Starks

State Researcher
A table has been reserved, Deros & GoGoDawgs will be working the table on Sat 12/10 and I will be there on the 11th. Are there any other volunteers?

<let the WAC bashing begin>

FMCDH

Everyone remember to stop by the coffee meet in Bothell on Saturday at 10am while your on your way to the show. :)

I think this thread is referring to a different show, the following weekend in Puyallup.

BUT there is a WAC show down in Monroe on the 3rd too.

Last edited:

waterfowl woody

Do they still take away our right to bear arms at the door? If so why don't you guys have your table outside so your rights are not taken away and you are not standing there supporting open carry with a zip tie holding your gun open?
you can take this as bashing but I urge you to answer these questions. I take my thousands of dollars I would spend there and go elsewhere because of these "take your rights away" rules. honestly If there was a store you liked to shop at would you stop unload your gun and put a zip tie through it because they say it is safer? I think not. well that is my opinion and I hope you guys are not too offended.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
I think this thread is referring to a different show, the following weekend in Puyallup.

BUT there is a WAC show down in Monroe on the 3rd too.

Your correct. I did not notice the date and had assumed this was for the Monroe one this weekend.

For those still interested in coffee on the way to this show NEXT weekend. You can stop by Federal Way, more details here.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Do they still take away our right to bear arms at the door? If so why don't you guys have your table outside so your rights are not taken away and you are not standing there supporting open carry with a zip tie holding your gun open?
you can take this as bashing but I urge you to answer these questions. I take my thousands of dollars I would spend there and go elsewhere because of these "take your rights away" rules. honestly If there was a store you liked to shop at would you stop unload your gun and put a zip tie through it because they say it is safer? I think not. well that is my opinion and I hope you guys are not too offended.

Your opinion is shared among others as well (read about it here). However, continuing to provide this feedback likely will not change anything due to insurance and other issues surrounding it. I think it be best if we just try to keep WAC threads on topic. By the looks of it, you don't post here often so I wanted to provide you a link that can help summarize the feedback already provided.

FMCDH

Your opinion is shared among others as well (read about it here). However, continuing to provide this feedback likely will not change anything due to insurance and other issues surrounding it. I think it be best if we just try to keep WAC threads on topic. By the looks of it, you don't post here often so I wanted to provide you a link that can help summarize the feedback already provided.

+1

Opinions on this topic have been stated and restated ad-nauseum in other threads, so please don't turn this one into one of those. Just read those and be happy.... :rolleyes:

waterfowl woody

thanks for the link. slap monkey I guess i spend alot of time in the world and not in front of a computer, so sorry my post numbers are low. I do come on here to get peoples opinions and maybe even learn a little. I see this issue the same as any other business or place telling me my rights don't work there. but in fairness I will not alter the OP. sorry to all as I just wanted to discuss why OPENCARRY supports a business that disarms them?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
thanks for the link. slap monkey I guess i spend alot of time in the world and not in front of a computer, so sorry my post numbers are low. I do come on here to get peoples opinions and maybe even learn a little. I see this issue the same as any other business or place telling me my rights don't work there. but in fairness I will not alter the OP. sorry to all as I just wanted to discuss why OPENCARRY supports a business that disarms them?

For the exact reason you just stated.

Many gun owners (a majority I believe) come to the OCDO table "to get peoples opinions and even learn a little". Most gun owners are uneducated as to OC and their rights in general. I choose to reach out to these folks and help educate them and hopefully GROW the OC movement. (Remember, church is for sinners)

As a member of WAC, I do not feel the policy is anti-2A, nor do I feel unarmed. I carry, I have a magazine and I have rounds available. Upon leaving the premises, I reload.

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

For the exact reason you just stated.

Many gun owners (a majority I believe) come to the OCDO table "to get peoples opinions and even learn a little". Most gun owners are uneducated as to OC and their rights in general. I choose to reach out to these folks and help educate them and hopefully GROW the OC movement. (Remember, church is for sinners)

As a member of WAC, I do not feel the policy is anti-2A, nor do I feel unarmed. I carry, I have a magazine and I have rounds available. Upon leaving the premises, I reload.

+1
With 800+ tables loaded with firearms, you can rest assured that although not loaded, these guns could be put to use rather quickly if and when needed.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran

Don't get me wrong or take it that I am attacking or requesting anything of you, I am not. In fact, I am one of the few that agree with your statements as seen in the other threads. Your post count really means nothing to me other than you may not visit the forums often and may have missed that this topic has already been beating to death. I wanted to provided you that thread so you can review it, if you so desired. If not, your choice. Just know continued discussion on it may result in a heated discussion.

Justman1020

Does volunteering get us some discount on getting in? I would be willing to work the table, but can't afford the show (I just bought 2 airline tickets to Florida around Christmas! :/ ouch)

Or will my NRA membership get me in??

if either of these are true, I will be able to work there.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Does volunteering get us some discount on getting in? I would be willing to work the table, but can't afford the show (I just bought 2 airline tickets to Florida around Christmas! :/ ouch)

Or will my NRA membership get me in??

if either of these are true, I will be able to work there.

No, it is either $8 for single entry or $35 for the year. PM me and I will pay your entrance.