• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

December Open Carry Table (WAC Show) 12/10-11/2011

SpyderTattoo

To be clear, The December Puyallup show is the last show where non-members will be allowed to be "table helpers". Starting in January, anyone working behind a vendor's table must be a current member of WAC.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
To be clear, The December Puyallup show is the last show where non-members will be allowed to be "table helpers". Starting in January, anyone working behind a vendor's table must be a current member of WAC.

When did this pass? i haven't received my "Gun News' since October and GAWD forbid they go online and save any paper....... You'd also think as many folks that are on the Board of Directors that have published books would know a thing or two about this kind of thing..........

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

Bill,
It was in the last issue. I sent you a PM about it. Since OCDO table is NOT a VENDOR, but an information point, we might skate by. How about checking into that for us Spydertattoo

Last edited:

SpyderTattoo

The idea is that anyone working behind tables must be a member. We've had problems with the table holder/member leaving the table(s) full of guns while the non-member/helper is behind the table. Well, that puts the non-member in control of the weapons. And along that line, the non-member is not allowed to sell guns to anyone. You might have read about an incident like this that we had at the November Monroe show, that story was in the latest Gun News in the "Shooting from the Hip" article.

If a table (or more) is rented for the weekend, you're considered a vendor. I can see your point though about not selling anything, just giving free information. I don't believe they will see it that way but I can try to find out. It won't matter for next weekend's show, being the last show of the year and this doesn't take effect until January. Maybe Dave Workman will read this and see what he can find out.

FMJ 911

I'll try to be there. The weekend looks clear!

I still need More M14 Accessories, and some 7.62x38mmR Nagant Revolver ammo.

By the way, it was nice to meet ya all at the Bothell OC Meeting!

Trigger Dr

M! Gunnr
The wife and I are both down with the flu, will not be able to help at the table. Sorry

Justman1020

Enjoyed working the show today, it was fun.

Saw a lot of people, got to have a few interesting and informative conversations.

spyder, you walked past while i was working, except, i didn't know it was you, I was the younger guy (the only one at the table, wearing a black sweatshirt) when you walked past, don't know if you saw me or not.

SpyderTattoo

Gotcha. Sorry man. It was kind-of a crazy, busy day. Did you remember the one lady that was with me (you might not have known she was with me) , you asked her if she had any questions...? She answered, "No, I've been fully educated.". That was my wife with my three kids in tow. I hope you had fun working the table. It is a cool experience. I promice to say "Hi" if you're there again today. And thank you for helping out with the table. Nick and Jim need a chance to shop sometimes. :rolleyes: