Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: ex-ALOCers

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    ex-ALOCers

    More and more, I am noticing that folks are choosing no longer to participate in ALOC. For some, this state of affairs has been thrust upon them.

    So, who are you?

    Let me start the list:

    eye95


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,226
    Why does this matter?
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Considering the apparent volume of folks who find themselves in this situation, they present quite a resource for an alternative. Just remaining open to possibilities.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Considering the apparent volume of folks who find themselves in this situation, they present quite a resource for an alternative. Just remaining open to possibilities.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>
    You mean like all the people who have responded to this thread???
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Are you a member of ALOC? Do you have any idea of which you speak?

    Moving on. I will reserve my responses to those who are current/former members of ALOC and who are looking for an alternative, not those whose reason for involving themselves is questionable at the very least.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  6. #6
    Regular Member SFCRetired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Montgomery, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    1,770
    When you were banned, eye, I removed myself from the forum. Nor will I return as long as you are banned. I'm sorry to have had to do this, but there were some on there who were becoming more and more childish.

    FWIW, I may not have agreed with everything you said, but nothing that you said should have been, IMNSHO, a cause for banning.

    I will still support the cause of open carry in Alabama and will continue to do what little I can to get some of our ridiculous laws changed/clarified and some of our law enforcement folks straightened out.

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Are you a member of ALOC? Do you have any idea of which you speak?

    Moving on. I will reserve my responses to those who are current/former members of ALOC and who are looking for an alternative, not those whose reason for involving themselves is questionable at the very least.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>
    I thought it was a legitimate question. I apologize if it came across as sarcastic. I am interested in the firearms rights of all states and have donated financially to several state efforts to show my support.

    Approximately, how many folks are fed up with ALOC? Is it enough to start another group? I know this is a fight you have been fighting for awhile. Don't be so quick to discount me as an ally.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    The list so far:

    SFCRetired
    eye95


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  9. #9
    Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Leeds, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    Why does this matter?
    Maybe he's just curious. I know I am. Care to confirm your own status, or more precisely whether the change was voluntary?

    As for me, I still participate there but I'm trying to become more active here. There is a lot of good info and discussion here, if one is willing to wade through the entire breadth and depth to find it.
    Last edited by Brimstone Baritone; 12-03-2011 at 12:29 AM.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , Alabama, USA
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone Baritone View Post
    Maybe he's just curious. I know I am. Care to confirm your own status, or more precisely whether the change was voluntary?

    As for me, I still participate there but I'm trying to become more active here. There is a lot of good info and discussion here, if one is willing to wade through the entire breadth and depth to find it.

    Brimstone, aside from bots and spammers, in almost 2 years and almost 600 members, only 3 legitimate members have been permanently banned. 2 for rules violations, 1 was voted off the site, due to the determination that they were doing more harm than good to the site and the oc movement.

    Hope this satisfies your curiosity. Normally I don't respond to any posts by the OP anymore, but this was a direct response to you and only you. I thought it important for you to see the ratio, I think that number speaks for itself, only 3 were involuntary. The site continues to grow every week, meetups take place every week across the state, and and you have seen the tremendous turnouts we have had at our Statewides. I see no signs of it slowing down. Where 3 have fallen, 100 more have taken their place, and ALOC is stronger and more in harmony than it has ever been!
    Last edited by Dianosis; 12-05-2011 at 06:43 PM.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    Why does this matter?
    My bet: Someone who is so fond of saying "moving on", can't.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    I knew that a defense of the site was coming.

    No matter. The question had nothing to do with folks being sent away. Even by already proven (and admitted) fictional votes. The question is about all who are gone for any reason. Several have left on their own.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  13. #13
    Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Leeds, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianosis View Post
    Where 3 have fallen, 100 more have taken their place, and ALOC is stronger and more in harmony than it has ever been!
    There are so many things I want to say about this, but I don't feel this is the time or place. I'm debating making a thread on ALOC. I probably won't, though. I think enough of our* business has been aired for the world and Google to see as it is.

    Di, for what it's worth, I still support the dream. We just aren't always going to agree on the implementation.





    *anyone can take 'our' however they want. OCers, OCers from Alabama, OCers from ALOC...

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I knew that a defense of the site was coming.

    No matter. The question had nothing to do with folks being sent away. Even by already proven (and admitted) fictional votes. The question is about all who are gone for any reason. Several have left on their own.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>
    If that's directed at my post, you misinterpreted it. I'm not defending ALOC since it doesn't need it.

    I came to ALOC after you were already gone, so I have no experience with you and your posts over there. Pretty much everything I've seen of you is from this site.

    And what I've seen of your posts and input here are either:

    - A post about ALOC, sometimes thinly disguised as helping the 2nd Amendment, but it really only comes across as sour grapes. And your continued posting about it on another gun forum shows an incredible lack of class. This thread is an excellent example of that lack of class.

    - Any thread you post in inevitably devolves into an argument between you and someone else ending with your arrogant "I'm right, you're wrong - Moving On" comment. It gets old.

    There's no mystery why you were voted off of ALOC, except perhaps to yourself. How it happened is irrelevant - your behavior here provides more than enough rationale as to why.

    Have a nice day.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    If that's directed at my post, you misinterpreted it. I'm not defending ALOC since it doesn't need it.
    Your post by itself was not a defense of ALOC. It was a blatant and undisguised personal attack directed at me.

    The two posts in conjunction are the defense. One with lies. The other with a retaliatory (and juvenile) attack.

    BTW, the "vote" is a grand (and proven) lie. At first Dianosis tried to make it sound like the site voted. Didn't happen. Next he tried to make it sound like the staff voted. Many personally contacted me to tell me that no such vote took place. Near as I can figure, Dianosis took personal umbrage at my criticism of the lack of grassroots nature of the site, took the unilateral and unvoted action of banning me, and probably sought and received approval from the only mod, which I suspect he received. That is what he is calling a "vote." It is a despicable lie.

    He just doesn't seem to be man enough to take responsibility for the choice he individually made. Hugely disappointing.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Anyway, let me endeavor to get this thread back on the original topic. I am seeking out folks who no longer participate at ALOC, regardless of whose decision it was and how the decision was made.

    Feel free to start another thread for any protestations of innocence. Of course, I cannot stop this thread from going off topic. When it does though, it provides an interesting illustration that folks need to see.

    Moving on from this distraction and back to the topic at hand.

  17. #17
    Regular Member SFCRetired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Montgomery, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    1,770
    eye, I guess you and I are all alone out here. I will still support Open Carry in the state of Alabama, but I will not do so within the confines of ALOC.

    Now that the weather is cooler and I am wearing a jacket most of the time, I am pretty much carrying concealed. My jackets do not lend themselves to being tucked behind my pistols. I asked a seamstress about modifying a jacket to have a slit in the side, such as the jackets sold to police, but she didn't seem to be able to do what I wanted. Haven't given up, though.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Urban Skeet City, Alabama
    Posts
    897
    *looks at Daylen*
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbinator View Post
    *looks at Daylen*
    Gorgeous, aren't I?
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

  20. #20
    Regular Member SFCRetired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Montgomery, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    Gorgeous, aren't I?
    No conceit in Daylen's family; he's got it all!

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    No conceit in Daylen's family; he's got it all!
    That is distinctly better than being full of it; proverbially or other! I'll take a page from O'Reilly and leave that determination up to the viewer.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Urban Skeet City, Alabama
    Posts
    897
    Open Carry! You can't explain that!
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Your post by itself was not a defense of ALOC. It was a blatant and undisguised personal attack directed at me.

    The two posts in conjunction are the defense. One with lies. The other with a retaliatory (and juvenile) attack.

    BTW, the "vote" is a grand (and proven) lie. At first Dianosis tried to make it sound like the site voted. Didn't happen. Next he tried to make it sound like the staff voted. Many personally contacted me to tell me that no such vote took place. Near as I can figure, Dianosis took personal umbrage at my criticism of the lack of grassroots nature of the site, took the unilateral and unvoted action of banning me, and probably sought and received approval from the only mod, which I suspect he received. That is what he is calling a "vote." It is a despicable lie.

    He just doesn't seem to be man enough to take responsibility for the choice he individually made. Hugely disappointing.
    Blah, blah, blah. You got kicked off a gun forum. Whooptie-do. Who cares how or why.

    Take you own advice, grow up and move on.

    This thread is still an excellent example of your lack of class, at least on this subject. Every time you post about it, it reflects on you, badly.

    Grow up.

    P.S. Pretty rich you complaining about a "personal attack", since this whole thread is nothing more than a thinly (and poorly) disguised personal attack on exactly one person, as you have made so very clear in your posts herein.
    Last edited by FTG-05; 12-20-2011 at 09:06 AM.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Central Alabama
    Posts
    146
    eye95,

    I don't know all the details of your exit from ALOC, but I do miss you and your input there.


    I wish well.
    Eddie
    Last edited by 49er; 12-25-2011 at 02:25 PM.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The South
    Posts
    56
    I was banned from AOC because I posted crimes stats showing the real perpetrators of violent crime which didn't seem to go over well with the egalitarians on AOC. The same people that say one thing but their behavior says another. I suspect that they don't live in the ghetto.

    Crime Rates --
    * Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
    * When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
    * Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.
    * The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.
    --Color of Crime, Race, Crime, and Justice in America Second, Expanded Edition, 2005.
    http://colorofcrime.com/colorofcrime2005.html

    Interracial Crime --
    * Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
    * Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
    * Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
    * Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.
    --Color of Crime, Race, Crime, and Justice in America Second, Expanded Edition, 2005.
    http://colorofcrime.com/colorofcrime2005.html
    Last edited by Tony_B; 01-10-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •