• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ex-ALOCers

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTG-05

Your post by itself was not a defense of ALOC. It was a blatant and undisguised personal attack directed at me.

The two posts in conjunction are the defense. One with lies. The other with a retaliatory (and juvenile) attack.

BTW, the "vote" is a grand (and proven) lie. At first Dianosis tried to make it sound like the site voted. Didn't happen. Next he tried to make it sound like the staff voted. Many personally contacted me to tell me that no such vote took place. Near as I can figure, Dianosis took personal umbrage at my criticism of the lack of grassroots nature of the site, took the unilateral and unvoted action of banning me, and probably sought and received approval from the only mod, which I suspect he received. That is what he is calling a "vote." It is a despicable lie.

He just doesn't seem to be man enough to take responsibility for the choice he individually made. Hugely disappointing.

Blah, blah, blah. You got kicked off a gun forum. Whooptie-do. Who cares how or why.

Take you own advice, grow up and move on.

This thread is still an excellent example of your lack of class, at least on this subject. Every time you post about it, it reflects on you, badly.

Grow up.

P.S. Pretty rich you complaining about a "personal attack", since this whole thread is nothing more than a thinly (and poorly) disguised personal attack on exactly one person, as you have made so very clear in your posts herein.

Last edited:

49er

eye95,

I don't know all the details of your exit from ALOC, but I do miss you and your input there.

I wish well.
Eddie

Last edited:

Tony_B

I was banned from AOC because I posted crimes stats showing the real perpetrators of violent crime which didn't seem to go over well with the egalitarians on AOC. The same people that say one thing but their behavior says another. I suspect that they don't live in the ghetto.

Crime Rates --
* Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
* When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
* Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.
* The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.
--Color of Crime, Race, Crime, and Justice in America Second, Expanded Edition, 2005.
http://colorofcrime.com/colorofcrime2005.html

Interracial Crime --
* Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
* Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
* Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
* Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.
--Color of Crime, Race, Crime, and Justice in America Second, Expanded Edition, 2005.

Last edited:

FTG-05

I was banned from AOC because I posted crimes stats showing the real perpetrators of violent crime which didn't seem to go over well with the egalitarians on AOC. The same people that say one thing but their behavior says another. I suspect that they don't live in the ghetto.

Crime Rates --
* Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
* When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
* Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.
* The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.

Interracial Crime --
* Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
* Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
* Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
* Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.

Interesting that there are two "color or crime" books, each with quite different conclusions and quite different reactions from the academic community:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Color_of_Crime_(1998_book)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Century_Foundation#The_Color_of_Crime

Potent Dagger

There is an old saying, "statistics can be used as proof of anything,,,,,that is why liars love them so much"

While your so called statistics on crime may stand up to an examination of "just the numbers", the fact is that they leave out so much information as to be totally worthless. You statistics do not examine educational levels of the offenders, alternatives to criminality as a means of survival, joblessness, economic opportunities, Macro and Micro cultural influences, and a whole lot more, that serve to enlighten those with an intention to effectuate public policy much less crime prevention strategies.

I have been professionally involved not only in the reporting of criminal demographic information, but also in analysis, and development of policing strategies based on such data for quite some time. To infer any scientific theory of crime from what you have produced is no more scientific that throwing bones or reading tea leaves.

It may just be me, but if we are to judge your motivations by the quality of the information you put out, I and I imagine others could reach a dispassionate conclusion that race played a strong role, or at least in MHO more precisely, racism.

To attempt to imply that race alone is an indicator of criminality, absent any other socio-economic factors, is not only not supported by the greater body of criminal justice research, but is also evidence of an intellectually inferior, and inadequately defined body of research.

Frankly, I am insulted that you had nothing to say about Native Americans, what with all the drug addicition, alcoholism, and domestic violence, it seems to me they could have made the list too.

PS since you seem to like things ridiculously simple minded, I just said that your stats are meaningless crap, your research skills and model suck, and anyone who trots out this kind of rubbish is a racist,,,,IMHO.

PSS: I would not have banned you, why you ask, for three reasons:

1. Your right to free speech does not come with any obligation to be correct or intelligent in what you say.

2. I am quite certain that the good folks over at ALOC are just as capable of handing you your head on a pike as anyone.

3. Having you post such rubbish as this and then getting your head handed to you only serves to prove that we "gun nuts" are not a just a bunch of closet raicist as some folks imagine.

Good Day Sir

Crime Rates --

Interracial Crime --

Brimstone Baritone

No, you were banned for, allegedly, spreading offensive, racist propaganda in public threads and in private messages. THIS THREAD shows the last time you tried to play that BS, and you were shot down by both eye95 and Dianosis (two people who couldn't agree on anything else in that thread but you. Hmmm...).

Personally, I don't care what you believe. Correlation does not equal causation. If you break down crime statistics by income range, you see that the crimes perpetrated by whites and minorities tend to even out in the lower income groups.

This obviously means that all poor people are criminals and should be preemptively harassed or locked up.

Daylen

No, you were banned for, allegedly, spreading offensive, racist propaganda in public threads and in private messages. THIS THREAD shows the last time you tried to play that BS, and you were shot down by both eye95 and Dianosis (two people who couldn't agree on anything else in that thread but you. Hmmm...).

Personally, I don't care what you believe. Correlation does not equal causation. If you break down crime statistics by income range, you see that the crimes perpetrated by whites and minorities tend to even out in the lower income groups.

This obviously means that all poor people are criminals and should be preemptively harassed or locked up.

I don't know of anyone who complained or was unhappy about that banning incident (other than the person banned obviously).

Vondelta

Aloc

Eye,
I just noticed this post. As far as I know, the entire North Alabama, Zone 1 I believe, has abandoned ALOC. All of us were fed up with ALOC and the inability to voice our honest opinions. Though I stopped contributing before I was banned, I'm sure it would just be a matter of time. When I voiced my opinion that wearing an AK strapped over your back along with several handguns in Birmingham was looking for trouble and excessive, I was severly chastized for stating MY OPINION. Just my 2 cents.

Dianosis

Eye,
I just noticed this post. As far as I know, the entire North Alabama, Zone 1 I believe, has abandoned ALOC. All of us were fed up with ALOC and the inability to voice our honest opinions. Though I stopped contributing before I was banned, I'm sure it would just be a matter of time. When I voiced my opinion that wearing an AK strapped over your back along with several handguns in Birmingham was looking for trouble and excessive, I was severly chastized for stating MY OPINION. Just my 2 cents.

Vondelta, I went back and searched through all 20 of your posts and this is the closest I could find to what you are making mention of:
http://alabamaopencarry.com/forum/index.php?topic=1925.msg26416#msg26416

I scanned through the entire thread and I don't see anywhere you were "severely chastised", there may have been members who disagreed with your opinion. But I can find no evidence where any Admin or Moderator chastised you at all. In fact, I only saw where we encouraged everyone's opinions as long as there were no personal attacks. If I missed something or missed a post where you were attacked please point it out to me, I may have missed it as I scanned through.

If you were under the impression that you were not welcome, let me assure you that's not the case. While I cannot guarantee every member will agree with everything that another member says, I can tell you that you and your opinions were and still are welcome anytime. Additionally, if you would like to speak with me personally about any concerns, I can pm you my contact info, just say the word.

Region 1 is gaining more & more members and Ranger is working with existing and new members to iron out the details of new meetups.

Last edited:

FTG-05

[snip]

Region 1 is gaining more & more members and Ranger is working with existing and new members to iron out the details of new meetups.

I can attest to this: we're currently trying to decide to go either to the new Greenbriar place at the old location or the old Greenbriar place at the new location. Decisions, decisions.... :D

checkmate

First of all, let me just say that this is only my personal experience. This is intended to be nothing more or less.

I have found nothing but friendship and support on ALOC. I do not know what happened for those 3 people to be banned from the forum. I do know that in the time I have been a member, which has been almost a year, if not just over, I have only gotten into one heated debate regarding opinion, and part of that was due to a miscommunication. I still very much enjoy the friendships I have made on ALOC and I make it a point to spend time with those friends as often as possible. Eye, I remember originally discovering OCDO and, after I asked a few questions, you responded by directing me to ALOC. If it had not been for that, I most likely would have never OCed, and I most certainly would not be as passionate about it and my other rights as I am, nor would I have some of the great friends I do now. No matter what your opinion of ALOC (an opinion, I might add, that you are more than entitled to as a citizen of our great nation, and one that I make no effort to challenge or debate), I truly appreciate you taking the time to tell some ignorant 21 year old kid who just barely had a CC permit about what I consider to be one of the most important organizations in Alabama as well as one of the most positive influences I have had. I hope things are going well for you and I hope that, one day soon, ALOC and preferably OCDO become more groups of strong friends with similar beliefs than organizations designed to fight for rights we already have. I hope this comes as a result of those rights being fully recognized and left alone as they should be. God Bless America.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I understand the stated goal of the OP - also see the effect of thoughts and words posted on this thread, These come across as distinctively negative (attacking?) of another gun rights organization for reason(s) other than any possible resistance to OC.

NO BASHING OF OTHER GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS: Regardless of how convinced you are that another gun rights organization is not doing their job, this is not the place to air those concerns unless they are specifically related to an anti-open carry position taken by that organization. All other rants against other gun rights groups will be deleted or the thread locked.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Therefore going to thread lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.