• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ex-ALOCers

Status
Not open for further replies.

eye95

More and more, I am noticing that folks are choosing no longer to participate in ALOC. For some, this state of affairs has been thrust upon them.

So, who are you?

Let me start the list:

eye95

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

eye95

Considering the apparent volume of folks who find themselves in this situation, they present quite a resource for an alternative. Just remaining open to possibilities.

<o>

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Considering the apparent volume of folks who find themselves in this situation, they present quite a resource for an alternative. Just remaining open to possibilities.

<o>

You mean like all the people who have responded to this thread???

eye95

Are you a member of ALOC? Do you have any idea of which you speak?

Moving on. I will reserve my responses to those who are current/former members of ALOC and who are looking for an alternative, not those whose reason for involving themselves is questionable at the very least.

<o>

SFCRetired

When you were banned, eye, I removed myself from the forum. Nor will I return as long as you are banned. I'm sorry to have had to do this, but there were some on there who were becoming more and more childish.

FWIW, I may not have agreed with everything you said, but nothing that you said should have been, IMNSHO, a cause for banning.

I will still support the cause of open carry in Alabama and will continue to do what little I can to get some of our ridiculous laws changed/clarified and some of our law enforcement folks straightened out.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Are you a member of ALOC? Do you have any idea of which you speak?

Moving on. I will reserve my responses to those who are current/former members of ALOC and who are looking for an alternative, not those whose reason for involving themselves is questionable at the very least.

<o>

I thought it was a legitimate question. I apologize if it came across as sarcastic. I am interested in the firearms rights of all states and have donated financially to several state efforts to show my support.

Approximately, how many folks are fed up with ALOC? Is it enough to start another group? I know this is a fight you have been fighting for awhile. Don't be so quick to discount me as an ally.

Brimstone Baritone

Why does this matter?

Maybe he's just curious. I know I am. Care to confirm your own status, or more precisely whether the change was voluntary?

As for me, I still participate there but I'm trying to become more active here. There is a lot of good info and discussion here, if one is willing to wade through the entire breadth and depth to find it.

Last edited:

Dianosis

Maybe he's just curious. I know I am. Care to confirm your own status, or more precisely whether the change was voluntary?

As for me, I still participate there but I'm trying to become more active here. There is a lot of good info and discussion here, if one is willing to wade through the entire breadth and depth to find it.

Brimstone, aside from bots and spammers, in almost 2 years and almost 600 members, only 3 legitimate members have been permanently banned. 2 for rules violations, 1 was voted off the site, due to the determination that they were doing more harm than good to the site and the oc movement.

Hope this satisfies your curiosity. Normally I don't respond to any posts by the OP anymore, but this was a direct response to you and only you. I thought it important for you to see the ratio, I think that number speaks for itself, only 3 were involuntary. The site continues to grow every week, meetups take place every week across the state, and and you have seen the tremendous turnouts we have had at our Statewides. I see no signs of it slowing down. Where 3 have fallen, 100 more have taken their place, and ALOC is stronger and more in harmony than it has ever been!

Last edited:

eye95

I knew that a defense of the site was coming.

No matter. The question had nothing to do with folks being sent away. Even by already proven (and admitted) fictional votes. The question is about all who are gone for any reason. Several have left on their own.

<o>

Brimstone Baritone

Where 3 have fallen, 100 more have taken their place, and ALOC is stronger and more in harmony than it has ever been!

There are so many things I want to say about this, but I don't feel this is the time or place. I'm debating making a thread on ALOC. I probably won't, though. I think enough of our* business has been aired for the world and Google to see as it is.

Di, for what it's worth, I still support the dream. We just aren't always going to agree on the implementation.

*anyone can take 'our' however they want. OCers, OCers from Alabama, OCers from ALOC...

FTG-05

I knew that a defense of the site was coming.

No matter. The question had nothing to do with folks being sent away. Even by already proven (and admitted) fictional votes. The question is about all who are gone for any reason. Several have left on their own.

<o>

If that's directed at my post, you misinterpreted it. I'm not defending ALOC since it doesn't need it.

I came to ALOC after you were already gone, so I have no experience with you and your posts over there. Pretty much everything I've seen of you is from this site.

And what I've seen of your posts and input here are either:

- A post about ALOC, sometimes thinly disguised as helping the 2nd Amendment, but it really only comes across as sour grapes. And your continued posting about it on another gun forum shows an incredible lack of class. This thread is an excellent example of that lack of class.

- Any thread you post in inevitably devolves into an argument between you and someone else ending with your arrogant "I'm right, you're wrong - Moving On" comment. It gets old.

There's no mystery why you were voted off of ALOC, except perhaps to yourself. How it happened is irrelevant - your behavior here provides more than enough rationale as to why.

Have a nice day.

eye95

If that's directed at my post, you misinterpreted it. I'm not defending ALOC since it doesn't need it.

Your post by itself was not a defense of ALOC. It was a blatant and undisguised personal attack directed at me.

The two posts in conjunction are the defense. One with lies. The other with a retaliatory (and juvenile) attack.

BTW, the "vote" is a grand (and proven) lie. At first Dianosis tried to make it sound like the site voted. Didn't happen. Next he tried to make it sound like the staff voted. Many personally contacted me to tell me that no such vote took place. Near as I can figure, Dianosis took personal umbrage at my criticism of the lack of grassroots nature of the site, took the unilateral and unvoted action of banning me, and probably sought and received approval from the only mod, which I suspect he received. That is what he is calling a "vote." It is a despicable lie.

He just doesn't seem to be man enough to take responsibility for the choice he individually made. Hugely disappointing.

eye95

Anyway, let me endeavor to get this thread back on the original topic. I am seeking out folks who no longer participate at ALOC, regardless of whose decision it was and how the decision was made.

Feel free to start another thread for any protestations of innocence. Of course, I cannot stop this thread from going off topic. When it does though, it provides an interesting illustration that folks need to see.

Moving on from this distraction and back to the topic at hand.

SFCRetired

eye, I guess you and I are all alone out here. I will still support Open Carry in the state of Alabama, but I will not do so within the confines of ALOC.

Now that the weather is cooler and I am wearing a jacket most of the time, I am pretty much carrying concealed. My jackets do not lend themselves to being tucked behind my pistols. I asked a seamstress about modifying a jacket to have a slit in the side, such as the jackets sold to police, but she didn't seem to be able to do what I wanted. Haven't given up, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.