• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wow... education is the key to this law of 2A

Firedawg314

I just wanted to share this... maybe more informaiton about 2A should be made into commericals etc.

Just the other day, I helped older woman into her house. We got to talk about how the neighborhood is getting bad. I had mention to her that she may want to start "pack'n". She replyed with, she want too, but the thugs are "so bad"???? We got to talk more about CCW and OCing. Even as a 60+year old woman, she thought it was ONLY legal to OC was in Texas. With the myth, she thought cons and thugs can just buy any gun at the local store like buying pizza!!!! I had to explain the legal process how a con cannot buy one and in may cases cannot even touch a gun. So really anything they do is already illegal.

So, we talked about how OCing is basically your right and its a tool for self defense like carrying a pocket knife.... which oddly carries the same charge as having gun with out a CCW.

In short, she was pretty enlighten and headed for Calbelas thursday to get her first hand gun. I did suggest applying for her CCW and go to the range to practice for a bit. She isn't too much into computers and online, but I gave her this website.

In general, as I said before, education is the key, the more people know about their rights and how to apply it, the more people will excerise it.

Oramac

Well done!

In general, as I said before, education is the key, the more people know about their rights and how to apply it, the more people will exercise it.

And a very good point. Education, I would argue, is probably the MOST important barrier we have in the 2A arena.

Redbaron007

Agree! Edjucation is needed.

The more you know, the more you know. :)

I have had several conversations with folks who were not anti-gun, but really didn't see a need for it, that have turned very fruitful. Intelligent, calm conversations work wonders.

HighFlyingA380

In short, she was pretty enlighten and headed for Calbelas thursday to get her first hand gun. I did suggest applying for her CCW and go to the range to practice for a bit. She isn't too much into computers and online, but I gave her this website.

It sounds like she is new to firearms. I would definitely offer to take here to that range and teach here how to use it. IMO, the most dangerous person with a gun are those who are uneducated about them. I have talked to several LEOs about this topic, ant they all agree that the scariest time is when the have to respond to a call in which a scared little old lady has a firearm. Apparently, the old ladies tend to shoot first and think second. Even though it may be a LEO knocking on here door to check on her, she might think it's the BG coming back. The point is, do your best to get here educated on the usage of it, for the safety of everyone.