• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Oklahoma

FireHawk918

Hello friends, My name is Scott and I am reaching out, if anybody is, or has contacts in the media please pass my information along to them. I am trying to get media attention from the National level to gather support for OC in OK. My phone number is 918-859-9490 and my email address is ok2a2oc@yahoo.com

Thank you

protias

There was a push earlier this year to get OC legalized and IIRC, was vetoed by your governor.

Aknazer

It was not vetoed by our governor, it died in the legislature due to people like Sue Tibbs. After a bunch of work one of the OC bills was forced to the floor after the committee tried to kill it, but then the author accidentally accepted an amendment as friendly that effectively ruined the bill. I don't get why he accepted it but I talked with some reps who were there and basically it was 2330, there was confusion to what it really meant, and everyone was tired which led to the mistake.

I believe it was the year prior that the previous governor vetoed OC. I know the OK2A group is looking to do a push for it again this year and was wanting to do a public education push, but I don't know anyone that could help with it and I'm assuming this post was made to try and help with that.

FireHawk911

I am the topic starter, I closed the Email attached to that account and forgot my PW. anyway, I am very aware of the history of OC in OK. I did not post this to see my name on a Mac screen.. I posted this because the bias in the media is leading me to a brick wall. I need help. Like my dad taught me, if you cant get help from those on your level, go about them. How stupid will the Local media look when a program like Nightline or something like that give us the attention that we asked them for, even more so when they realize they had opportunity to do a story on the hottest issue in our state. I digress and ask again. If anybody has any type of media contact on the National level please let me know. I have sent numerous letters, emails and made numerous phone calls, all with no avail. We are all together in this battle to make our country Firearm Friendly like it was designed to be.

Aknazer

You might know a lot about OC in OK, but most people don't, which was why I made my post (that and because the other poster was wrong about what happened to OC this year and I wanted to let him and others know what actually happened). Anyways, GL with your hunt for someone in the media

FireHawk911

You might know a lot about OC in OK, but most people don't, which was why I made my post (that and because the other poster was wrong about what happened to OC this year and I wanted to let him and others know what actually happened). Anyways, GL with your hunt for someone in the media

I know, I was aiming my post at that idividual, Kinda sends a bug up me when people spout without research.

okboomer

Scott,

I have been thinking about this and I would like to say that I have had very good luck with the folks at FoxNews ... I have had one of my emails on Bill O'Reilly, received a personal reply from Greta VanSustren.

I think that if we can get all the Oklahoma members here and from the OK2A site to all send emails on the same day, someone at FoxNews will look into it and hopefully get the local fox channel to send in some footage about the issue. I would suggest that Hannity would be the FN anchor to approach.

okboomer

I would think a couple of weeks before the next state session starts up ... gives the reporters time to get out and talk to representatives and such.

Can you put together a 'talking point' presentation pointing out the failings of the "experts" and such?

I would think that coupled with a request for everyone to mail their comments to FN by a specific date asking for them to help debunk some of the more egregious claims by the 'experts' and posted to all the gun sites for Oklahoma ... here in the Oklahoma forum, OK2A facebook, OklahomaShooters ... and any others that I might not have mentioned.

Also, generally to any gun group for Okies who are living out of state (military, etc.)

I belong to OklahomaShooters and TheHighRoad and can post there once there is a request letter.

Now, as far as FN goes, anyone from any state should email, but the more Okies the better :lol:

FireHawk911

I would think a couple of weeks before the next state session starts up ... gives the reporters time to get out and talk to representatives and such.

Can you put together a 'talking point' presentation pointing out the failings of the "experts" and such?

I would think that coupled with a request for everyone to mail their comments to FN by a specific date asking for them to help debunk some of the more egregious claims by the 'experts' and posted to all the gun sites for Oklahoma ... here in the Oklahoma forum, OK2A facebook, OklahomaShooters ... and any others that I might not have mentioned.

Also, generally to any gun group for Okies who are living out of state (military, etc.)

I belong to OklahomaShooters and TheHighRoad and can post there once there is a request letter.

Now, as far as FN goes, anyone from any state should email, but the more Okies the better :lol:

I would do that, I would need as many websites as you can get. The more opositional statements the better.

hermannr

Fireahwk911: What you need to do is change the wording of 1272 only a couple words, so it addresses CC only and leaves OC unregulated. OC already exists in the OK constitution

Just change "upon or about" to "Concealed upon or about" in the first sentence of 1272 and you are done. Also, all of a sudden 1272 becomes constitutional rather than unconstitutional as it is written now.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I posted this because the bias in the media is leading me to a brick wall.

Hint: Do an end run. I helped break the deadlock here in Colorado Springs by countering each and every nonsensical libtard post on the predominantly liberal news sites around town. Please note I did not counter every post. Only those which were most non-sensical. Well, truth be told, I countered those which were both very non-sensical while simultaneously being the most readily acceptable to the swing voters. My counters were short, sweet, to the point, and far more believable than the nonsense the OP's espoused, as their arguments were largely based on nonsense to begin with.

Mine weren't, and many included a highly-qualified, not to mention accurate, link on which they could begin to chew and wonder, "perhaps we..."

How stupid will the Local media look when a program like Nightline or something like that give us the attention that we asked them for, even more so when they realize they had opportunity to do a story on the hottest issue in our state.

Can't fight the man, particularly when he owns the newspaper. You can pull the rug out from under him by using alternative media, including back doors he leaves in his own halls.

I digress and ask again. If anybody has any type of media contact on the National level please let me know.

I've often written some of the "big 36." That's what I call them. They include Rush, Megyn, Glenn, and the many others throughout our nation's media. On occasion, I find them covering an issue I've sent them. I think the key is to write it up as a news story rather than a gripe, while giving them summaries and links to both the pro and con positions. The more work you do for them, honestly, the more they'll trust you as a source of future stories.

I have sent numerous letters, emails and made numerous phone calls, all with no avail. We are all together in this battle to make our country Firearm Friendly like it was designed to be.

Sometimes, you just gotta burn 'em. Take Chuck Todd, for example. "Todd is also co-author, with Sheldon Gawiser, of How Barack Obama Won: A State-by-State Guide to the Historic 2008 Presidential Election, published in 2009."

Really? He comes across as a conservative, matter-of-fact reporter. Yet we find this tidbit in his closet. I can't really chalk his misstep up to "youthful exuberance," as he was a whopping 36 years old at the time! Hell, Jimmy Carter was sworn in as our 39th lousiest President only slightly older than 50. Look at what a wonderful Prednisent he turned out to be.

If you're really curious about Todd's MSNBC affiliations, read this: "...although he majored in political science and minored in music, he did not graduate. Todd is an adjunct professor at Johns Hopkins University. He resides in Arlington, Virginia, with his wife, Kristian Denny Todd, daughter Margaret, and son Harrison. Kristian Denny Todd is a Democratic operative and communications professional."

Wow. Not even a graduate. Obviously groomed from on high. Wife is an "operative." What does that even mean? I'm involved in the Republican party, but we don't have "operatives." "Communications professionals," yes, but we call them "writers, speakers, and media coordinators."

What's a "political operative?" Is that someone who dishonestly infiltrates the opposite party's HQ and uses the knowledge to lead a dishonest attempt to influence the election?

I'm writing like this because I absolutely abhor the politics in our country today! Judging by the last three years, an improperly or unduly elected president can easily and rapidly plunge a country into trillions of dollars of debt, extending the previous 50-year debt-free horizen to well beyond any hope of recovery whatsoever. Even a properly-elected president can, if an utter ignoramus, toss our country, along with what hundreds of millions of us have worked to build, into utter ruin.

So... Don't elect these jerks! I don't care what ideals they espouse. If they're going to take what you've worked for over the last ten, twenty, thirty, forty, or fifty years, and throw it to the winds on the hope of some ethereal change... Dude! What are you smoking? Did you drop some acid in addition to your jaw???

Get real, people. Life ain't easy. It takes hard work, then, now, and well into our future. Might as well put our shoulders to it and get the job done.

- since9