Thread: SD Shooting from Saiga Forums

SD Shooting from Saiga Forums

I checked and did not see this posted yet.

Found this on another website, http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?...-sunday-night/. There is another member on there who says that he is a police officer in that same town and verifies the story. Great shoot, shows you that you can shoot a guy in the gut and leg and if he has drugs in him and can keep going to get away.

Good that he was able to defend himself. Scary that his gun jammed. My PF9 does not feed hollow points, and I have heard this is normal.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Jesus, that's intense. I'm definitely going to test out any ammo before I carry it now to make sure it doesn't jam in my gun.
    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

"I knew one thing: as soon as anyone said you didn't need a gun, you'd better take one along that worked."
    Raymond Chandler

I don't know that particular pistol, but consider the "I had cut my off hand". I don't think the gun jambed because of the ammo, I think the gun jambed because it did not cycle properly because his off hand was in the way (that is why it was cut). No semi-auto pistol is disigned to have the slide impeaded when it cycles.

There's a reason why it says "Urban Skeet City" below my name.
    Last edited by Kirbinator; 02-22-2012 at 03:52 PM.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

This pistol used was a Kel-Tec PF-9, but it appears that the jam was not the fault of the gun or ammo. It is apparent that the guy's hand got in the way of the slide as this would readily account for both the cut on the hand and the failure to eject/feed.
    Last edited by OC4me; 02-22-2012 at 10:05 AM.

JUst a few more reasons to remember that standing square to the paper target is not self-defense training. Real life does not always allow you time to adjust your grip or move into a perfect modern isocoles stance. The same goes for the ammo you are using - you are betting your life on it so you had better know that it will perform.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

my pf9 cycles everything I've ever put in it. and I don't carry a defense load until I've fired a hundred rounds of it through my carry guns. that guys problem had nothing to do with his choice of gun or ammo.

real life self defense isn't an air conditioned range with great lighting, hearing and eye protection, and a paper target. rather its hopped up crazies that shoot/fight back, uneven terrain, weather, darkness, injury, multiple threats, moving targets, dialog etc that make up the self defense environment. practice as best you can. run through scenarios in your head. if possible try some IDPA. when/if it happens us, we'll be reacting to the threat and that will nearly always put you at a disadvantage. having a gun with you is a giant step in the right direction but it is also far from a guaranteed positive outcome.
    Last edited by yz9890; 02-22-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Did anyone else notice the poster on the Saiga forum stated he was drinking a beer when the shooting occurred?

And he also went on bragging how he drank "about" 4 beers while was talking to the police.
    From here
    I sat out there and drank about 4 beers over the course of 2 hours in front of the police while I was telling them what happened, over and over. They're fine. They knew what happened, and were cool with it.
    Not a good Idea in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Good that he was able to defend himself. Scary that his gun jammed. My PF9 does not feed hollow points, and I have heard this is normal.
    That's a bit odd. Mine is the opposite. It's fine with hollow points, but not good with longer nosed bullets.
    "I can only be held responsible for my own stupidity." - Captain Nemo