• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florence mall/ Florence police dept

Johnburns15

I'm not. Just thought it funny that when I told them I was there to get it back 4 officers looked at me like I was talking another language and then walked back and forth for quite a while before I actually talked to a guy with a brain

KYGlockster

Activist Member
If you stay on this, you will get some money out of the pd. This was a blatant violation of your constitutional rights, and krs 237.104. The fact that they had no grounds whatsoever to disarm you, much less seize your firearm, should make this an eye opener for the PD that you are filing suit against, and every other Leo in this state. Hopefully the outcome will teach them a lesson, but they didn't seem to mind when they violated your rights, they probably won't mind paying out taxpayers money for their wrongdoing. Glad you got your piece back, buy why in the world did they take your holster?

Johnburns15

I'm not to worried about getting money out of anyone, nit saying I wouldn't mind it lol. Just want to do everything I can to make sure it doesn't happen to someone else. And to help the idiots of northern ky realize guns aren't illegal

Johnburns15

I will try and do what I can. As of right now, I cannot join "thehighroad" because my email acct is an AOL acct. But I will do what is possible when I have time.

Johnburns15

Thank you for the advice gutshot. I have tried getting on contact with the chief since Friday morning and he/she will not return my call and is always "out of the office" when I tell the operator/secretary my name. I plan on calling back tomorrow, either not giving my name or giving a false name to see if I can get in contact with them. When I questioned where the holster was to the officer returning my firearm, the response I got was "there's nothing we can do about it, we are not responsible for personal property" he didn't like me saying that I would sue them and make sure to contact his supervisor about his lack of cooperation.
There is alot more to this story that I would like to comment on, but due to my lawyers request, cannot do so yet.
But I have spent the day contacting the NRA, several local newspapers and news stations, including a few national news papers.

I was contacted back by lex 18 stating they were going to run a story about the situation.

09jisaac

Thank you for the advice gutshot. I have tried getting on contact with the chief since Friday morning and he/she will not return my call and is always "out of the office" when I tell the operator/secretary my name. I plan on calling back tomorrow, either not giving my name or giving a false name to see if I can get in contact with them. When I questioned where the holster was to the officer returning my firearm, the response I got was "there's nothing we can do about it, we are not responsible for personal property" he didn't like me saying that I would sue them and make sure to contact his supervisor about his lack of cooperation.
There is alot more to this story that I would like to comment on, but due to my lawyers request, cannot do so yet.
But I have spent the day contacting the NRA, several local newspapers and news stations, including a few national news papers.

I was contacted back by lex 18 stating they were going to run a story about the situation.

I would have politely have informed him that he IS responsible for evidence.

hotrod

Two things I would do first. Contact the Mayor. Diane Whalen is her name and let her know of the complaint. Always good to let the boss know whats up with their subordinates. Next, send a certified demand letter, return receipt, and request the return of your holster. Now, you have established due diligence and proceed to the lawsuit. Gutshot is correct, money is what makes city officials respond.

Johnburns15

One other thing I found out last night while disassembling and cleaning my gun. For one, they fired multiple rounds through it without cleaning it, the bottom of the slide and the barrel were caked with black powder residue. Secondly, and I'm not sure how, but there were also hundreds of metal shavings covering the bottom and inside the slide, and inside the barrel. And then thirdly there were several cosmetic scratches on the slide, magazine, and grip where the officer had dropped the gun and magazine repeatedly in front of my.
Any idea on how I should proceed with this?

Midwest

Last edited:

Johnburns15

neuroblades

The fact of the matter is that they ARE 100% responsible for the damage or loss of ALL property that they took from you. You need to contact the Ky AG ASAP about this and they're irresponsible reply.

Last edited:

Johnburns15

I didn't think about contacting the ag. But I'll be sure to do that. I called the police department today and talked to captain John mcdermon, asked him about my holster and the damage to my gun. His response was "we don't have your holster, it wasn't logged with your gun when it was brought in. And about the damage to your gun, I'm nit sure what to tell you, but we aren't responsible for that either"