• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tanner Gun Show/ CC Classes

Jonathan Hoff

I'm sure you gents are aware of this but incase your not the Tanner Gun Show is this weekend Sat & sun

http://www.tannergunshow.com/

Ill be there taking my CC class maybe we can arrange a meet up or if you haven't taken a CC class there having them there.

thanks hopefully ill see some of you there.

Polynikes

There's less and less enticing me to still pay the entry fee at Tanner. I swear, I have absolutely zero interest in buying any sort of Indian beads, animal jerky or fantasy knives, yet there's more of those tables every time I go... and there's still too many people wanting retail prices for their guns. :p

Jonathan Hoff

sorry to hear that. I excited due to taking my class there then doing some xmas shopping. this will be the first gun show since getting off active duty.

Polynikes

You'll probably have a good time, then. :) I'm just burned out on gun shows lately. Paid lots of admissions fees but not found any good deals. It's still fun to look though, and the class will make it worth your while. :cool:

mahkagari

I don't go to Tanner for guns unless there is something specific I'm looking for. Then I go in with my price in mind and take my chances that a non-retail place might be able to beat it without spending days or weeks shopping around. I got my .30-06, 12 guage, and .357 that way. Struck out on my wife's .357 and my 9mm wasn't the deal I thought it was (though the deal I should have opted for was also at Tanner). Other weapons in my cabinet were retail or private deals.

Otherwise, it's a bunch of sellers to see and touch what they have. I can look and hold all the things I've heard about and see what else is around before I buy, even if it's somewhere else. In the meantime, I'll look at camping gear, food storage, accessories, knives, manuals, and I'm always on the lookout for a good price on a pair of dueling pistols.

I don't think any of the minimum requirement 3-4 hour CC classes are worth it. I can't recommend Boulder Rifle Club's enough. It takes a couple of months to get in, but the training you get in a four day class for a few dollars more is well worth it.

Jonathan Hoff

hey guys im finally back in at my place after spending time with the family and going to the gun show.
im thinking about posting the audio from the CC class. i think it was ok from a beginners standpoint and most of the people that were in the class had never handled a gun before.

i did pick up a few items from the show so ill post some stuff about them and let y'all know how it goes!

Jonathan Hoff

here are some of the items that i picked up.

1. Extra clip for my S&W Bodyguard .380
2. Six .5 pound Star Targets and the guy was a Marine so he gave me a 1 pounder for free.
3. Full Metal m4-A1 Electric air soft rifle for my little brother.
4. Leg Holster Molle wave and a clip pouch
5. I got a beautiful red arrow challenge coin from a 3 star general in charge of the Airborn section of the US Army
6. Got my CCW class taken care of and got to shoot at a range for free.

since9

Campaign Veteran
That's pretty standard. I don't know of any show that I've been to where they allow you to carry a loaded weapon in.

Oh, I know. I was just pointing out the irony. To date, I've OC'd in seven places around town which sell firearms. None are posted, and no one has asked me to leave or made any comment about my OC. That gun shows are different sort of boggles my mind.