• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cutting down a shotgun... Legally

Metalhead47

I would stick with the hacksaw. Just make sure you have the barrel held tight and cut straight. It would be cool if you post pictures of your work in progress if you decide to go through with it.

Well the deed is done, and I do have pix, but right now both photobucket & flickr are rebelling against me :banghead::cuss:

Metalhead47

Does it look as good as you hoped?

Need to get a cold blue pen to finish it off. Definitely looks like a hack job but overall I'm pretty happy with how it came out.

sawdoff8.jpg

The cut's not 100% square but it's close enough for gov't work as they say ;). Barrel measures a smidge over 20" where it's at, taking it down to 18 would be pushing it. Got it cleaned up & smoothed down pretty good, once the finish is touched up I don't think it'll be very obvious. Anyone that close to the muzzle of a 12 gauge won't be real concerned about aesthetics I think. :p Now I just gotta pick out some sights & get a scope mount. (*!@(^*%$(&*^!!! new stock I ordered won't be in for another couple weeks either :cuss:. (This gun will be my one concession to all that "tacticool" sillyness)

sawdoff7.jpg

sawdoff1.jpg

sawdoff3.jpg

sawdoff6.jpg

sawdoff5.jpg

sherrifsreport1.jpg