• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New N.C. Laws Someone Update Me Please?

blgreene89

Hey Open Carriers,
My name is Blake I have been a concealed carrier 1 year and 2 months. However with these new laws that came into effect on this past Thursday I am slightly confused. Where I can carry and when I can and cannot use deadly force being that I got taught under the old law. Also am a bug hunter so any laws on that changed? Because I am sick of having to leave my glock at home before I to the woods every time. I have thought many times about OCing but never pursed it. What really confused me was tonight I was in Ruby Tuesday in Greenville,n.c. and I witnessed a man walk by my table no badge on with a old beat up semi-auto in a holster about to fall off literally on the last thread. Poor guy needed a new one and was OCing in there I thought since when could you open carry or CC in a place that you can buy and consume alcohol?

Thanks,
Blake

Last edited:

chiefjason

Don't carry anywhere that serves alcohol, OC or CC. But do email your reps about voting for HB 111 that would allow CC.

The Castle Doctrine lets you assume you are in danger and lets you use deadly force. You used to have to show you were in danger. It also applies to your home, vehicle, workplace, immediate yard area around the home, and outbuildings on your property.

CC and OC are now good to go all year on gamelands in NC. You can also carry during special hunting seasons; archery, ML, and turkey.

Obviously these are quick overviews. There are a couple threads on here that cover all this better. Just do some poking around.

Last edited:

cricketdad

Hey Open Carriers,
My name is Blake I have been a concealed carrier 1 year and 2 months. However with these new laws that came into effect on this past Thursday I am slightly confused. Where I can carry and when I can and cannot use deadly force being that I got taught under the old law. Also am a bug hunter so any laws on that changed? Because I am sick of having to leave my glock at home before I to the woods every time. I have thought many times about OCing but never pursed it. What really confused me was tonight I was in Ruby Tuesday in Greenville,n.c. and I witnessed a man walk by my table no badge on with a old beat up semi-auto in a holster about to fall off literally on the last thread. Poor guy needed a new one and was OCing in there I thought since when could you open carry or CC in a place that you can buy and consume alcohol?

Thanks,
Blake

Go to GRNC.org in the search box put alert 7-2-11

ncwabbit

recommend you go to the horse's mouth

I have found the GRNC and other blog's information is from June per se and not reflective in what the DOJ is teaching their CHP instructors.

check out the law at the department of justice's site: http://www.ncdoj.com/getdoc/32344299-a2a7-4ae5-99fd-9018262f64ac/2007-NC-Firearms-gun-Laws.aspxs

or ping the sheriff's office for a list of CHP instuctors and drop a dime, opps not sure a dime will cover a local call. first ensure the instructor has been to the manditory update training...

wabbit

Last edited: