Thread: Just wanted to Say Hi...

Just wanted to Say Hi...

I haven't been on here for over a year and even when I was previously, I showed up to 2 events, though I wasn't really active. I was more on here to learn the rules and regs of carrying, and see what issues I may encounter in the state. I'm happy to say that I am now a proud carrying member. I *finally* picked up a firearm over Thanksgiving. Part of this is due to the ever increasing crime in my neighborhood. I ended up picking up a Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact in 9mm. Been to the range twice now, and I have to say I completely love her. I've also already manged to do my first OC in the Safeway in Kent. No looks, no glances. No-one cared. The 2nd trip to Walmart, I definitely got some looks, but in a place like Walmart I'm not too surprised. I may not be able to make everything, but I would at least like to make some of the coffee shop meetups. I'm getting ready to take a cross-country to GA, so it's been fun trying to plan a route there and stay in state's where my permit is still good. Unfortunately, GA is not on the list so I will have to run around naked while there. Either-way I hope to be able to meet more people at events in the future.

This may be a little late but welcome and coagulations on your new XD! I am a XD fanatic they are the prefect blend between a glock and 1911. Also way to go on your first successful open carry outing it takes a lot of courage to do it the first time but don't worry it gets easier with time
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Welcome back. I'm also in Kent. What part of Kent are you in? Valley, east hill...? I'm on the east hill. I frequent the Fred Meyer up there on James (240th). Maybe we'll see each other around.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

I'm down in the valley by the golf course. Where it used to be safe. Lol. I some times hit that Fred Meyer, or the one on Pac Hwy.

We are always pleased to welcome another new member into the fold!

Please take the time to read the forum guidelines and rules, and feel free to jump in and share your own shooting experiences and knowledge with us, and this great knowledge base will be made even better.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

I have had no problems at the Bellingham wally world.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

So since I was negligent in not posting a picture...here it is. LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20111203_201809.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	7538  
    Last edited by Rune; 12-05-2011 at 02:43 AM.