• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just wanted to Say Hi...

Rune

I haven't been on here for over a year and even when I was previously, I showed up to 2 events, though I wasn't really active. I was more on here to learn the rules and regs of carrying, and see what issues I may encounter in the state. I'm happy to say that I am now a proud carrying member. I *finally* picked up a firearm over Thanksgiving. Part of this is due to the ever increasing crime in my neighborhood. I ended up picking up a Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact in 9mm. Been to the range twice now, and I have to say I completely love her. I've also already manged to do my first OC in the Safeway in Kent. No looks, no glances. No-one cared. The 2nd trip to Walmart, I definitely got some looks, but in a place like Walmart I'm not too surprised. I may not be able to make everything, but I would at least like to make some of the coffee shop meetups. I'm getting ready to take a cross-country to GA, so it's been fun trying to plan a route there and stay in state's where my permit is still good. Unfortunately, GA is not on the list so I will have to run around naked while there. Either-way I hope to be able to meet more people at events in the future.

fire suppressor

This may be a little late but welcome and coagulations on your new XD! I am a XD fanatic they are the prefect blend between a glock and 1911. Also way to go on your first successful open carry outing it takes a lot of courage to do it the first time but don't worry it gets easier with time

SpyderTattoo

Welcome back. I'm also in Kent. What part of Kent are you in? Valley, east hill...? I'm on the east hill. I frequent the Fred Meyer up there on James (240th). Maybe we'll see each other around.

Rune

I'm down in the valley by the golf course. Where it used to be safe. Lol. I some times hit that Fred Meyer, or the one on Pac Hwy.

MilProGuy

We are always pleased to welcome another new member into the fold!

Please take the time to read the forum guidelines and rules, and feel free to jump in and share your own shooting experiences and knowledge with us, and this great knowledge base will be made even better.

Rune

So since I was negligent in not posting a picture...here it is. LOL :)

Attachments

• IMG_20111203_201809.jpg
    IMG_20111203_201809.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 105
Last edited: