• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stabbing on Kauai.

DonRow

So some idiot on Kauai decides to stab his grandfather (reasons unknown as of now) thank god he lived, then stabs a good Samaritan, kills her, then decides to go on a stabbing rampage, outside of the grandfathers house two innocent bystanders got stabbed (there ok) finely the cops made it out there cause of a 911 call told the guy to drop the knife (oh this just after he stabbed the innocent bystanders) and shot him dead finely. Now if there was OC or even CCW this might have all been avoided. Damn you Hawaii law makers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.

So some idiot on Kauai decides to stab his grandfather (reasons unknown as of now) thank god he lived, then stabs a good Samaritan, kills her, then decides to go on a stabbing rampage, outside of the grandfathers house two innocent bystanders got stabbed (there ok) finely the cops made it out there cause of a 911 call told the guy to drop the knife (oh this just after he stabbed the innocent bystanders) and shot him dead finely. Now if there was OC or even CCW this might have all been avoided. Damn you Hawaii law makers!!!

What a horrible thing to happen. My uncle lives in Princeville and my wife and I usually stay 2-3 weeks per year at Hanalei Bay when we are visiting. Too bad that it's next to impossible to get a concealed carry permit or be able to OC. Well, at least they let you carry a knife there... Do they allow you to carry tasers? I've always wondered...

Aloha,

Kabukiman

DonRow

You can have pepper spray, but you have to register it and I don't think you can carry it. Yeah it's sad.

Last edited:

Dogbait

You can have pepper spray, but you have to register it and I don't think you can carry it. Yeah it's sad.

Register pepper spray? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Damn you Hawaii law makers!!!

Who was it said no tyrant should be allowed to die a natural death?

The victims' blood is on the hands of the government who denied these people self-defense. And, the anti-self-defense activists.

At some point one is justified in assuming the government either wanted these people dead, or was willing to trade their lives for some political benefit. Their deaths were entirely predictable. You couldn't have predicted that these exact people would have died; but it is too easy to correctly foresee that some people are going to be defenseless and thus gravely injured or killed by criminals or psychotics.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
...and the Pearl City shooting (Princess Palace strip club/Pearl City Business Plaza) just recently on top of that (at least the shooter turned himself in).

Almost every day one can find some violent confrontation/crime reported in the Honolulu Star Advertiser. And even though shootings are fairly rare, edged weapons or beatings (by local tough-guys or public park trash) are enough to be concerned about.

And how about those 2 cops being hurt breaking up that fight in Whitmore Village, aside from that other incident (also in Whitmore Village) where the woman tried to run down some guy? And a news story with Kalihi (or lately, Waianae) in the headline is bound to be something negative, too.

Yet despite the danger (and NOWHERE is safe nowadays, so I'm not singling-out HI) you can't legally arm yourself in HI...go figure.

P.S. Yes, "the authorities" should be held responsible (jail time, fines and civil lawsuits against them by victims' families) for victims's deaths/injuries when they are not legally allowed to look out after themselves. Were that to happen, I believe things would change pretty quickly.

Last edited:

DonRow

P.S. Yes, "the authorities" should be held responsible (jail time, fines and civil lawsuits against them by victims' families) for victims's deaths/injuries when they are not legally allowed to look out after themselves. Were that to happen, I believe things would change pretty quickly.

I agree I was just thinking the same thing, apparently after the kid got outside his grandfathers house the cops let him run and they ran after him that's when he stabbed the other two innocent bystanders. Then they shot him dead. Now the kid was just released from a mental institution.

I say civil suite all the way. Things like this should never happen.