• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Finally OCd last night

Z1P2

Honestly, I posted about training, because I just want you safe and more confident in carrying. And heck, I do not even know you, and I still want you safe and carrying safely. That is all.

That doesn't bother me at all, I just didn't want to be misunderstood. As far as training goes, I'm a former Marine, so I LOVE training. :D

MilProGuy

Except in the case of an OC'd firearm because 90% of the usefulness of an OC'd firearm is in deterrance rather than defense. To put it bluntly, only the dumbest of criminals would still consider robbing the Taco Bell while SovereignAxe was there OC'ing. Once a criminal sees someone OC'ing they know the place is a hard target and they prefer soft targets. Even if the OC'd firearm is unloaded and the person OC'ing doesn't even have ammo for it, the OC'd firearm is able to carry out it's full use as a deterrant. It only loses it's usefulness as a defense mechansim. However, if the weapon does it's job effectively as a deterrant, then there is no need to use it in defense.

To put this in different terms, mutally assured destruction (MAD) prevents wars from starting because it acts as a deterrance factor. The only thing required for MAD to work is for each side to BELIEVE that the other side has the ability to wipe them out. In fact if a nation did away with their nuclear arms altogether, but the other side didn't know that, MAD would still work as a deterrance factor.

That's what makes OC'ing such a valuable asset to the entire community.

Thanks for sharing your insightful and thought-provoking remarks with us.

I don't think I've ever heard this subject presented any better than you just did.
icon14.png
icon14.png