• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Happy day!

oak1971

My church had our leadership council meeting today and the topic of posting a no carry sign was brought up. I sit on the council and reminded everyone that license holders are not the people we need to worry about, its the criminals who are not deterred in the least by a little sign on the door. I informed everyone about the background checks and training involved in the process and lack of problems in other states. I also told them that if a sign goes up, I would have to leave the church. It was quickly decided not to post. God is good. :cool:

M

McX

Congrats guy! Jesus loves you more than me. we all know what my Church did to me. Since then God and i havent been on speaking terms much.

MKEgal

One of the people attending the Muskego Chamber of Commerce breakfast event Friday was a pastor (didn't ask what church, he didn't tell) and he was all in favor of armed parishoners.

PQ36

My church had our leadership council meeting today and the topic of posting a no carry sign was brought up. I sit on the council and reminded everyone that license holders are not the people we need to worry about, its the criminals who are not deterred in the least by a little sign on the door. I informed everyone about the background checks and training involved in the process and lack of problems in other states. I also told them that if a sign goes up, I would have to leave the church. It was quickly decided not to post. God is good. :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ0GwUwR3nc

Amen. God IS good. He gave us THE way out of this mess, while also providing for us during our brief stay here (James 4:14 ... a little time...)
Without an Author of life, no rational basis for self defense exists. Glad to hear good report.

I am not part of governing board at church, but have forwarded reading material to some who are more in touch with issues, and can influence decisions for the sake of sanity.

Harpadzo, coming soon!

Ps: Any location/city/denomination info? Keeping track somewhat for potential discussions with church.

PQ36

One of the people attending the Muskego Chamber of Commerce breakfast event Friday was a pastor (didn't ask what church, he didn't tell) and he was all in favor of armed parishoners.

....armed parishioners. "pictured" as being mis-read by libs/antis as "...armed p'risoners" lol

The falling away is/will be big, but not total. Glad to hear of right thinking pastors still out there!

oak1971

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ0GwUwR3nc

Amen. God IS good. He gave us THE way out of this mess, while also providing for us during our brief stay here (James 4:14 ... a little time...)
Without an Author of life, no rational basis for self defense exists. Glad to hear good report.

I am not part of governing board at church, but have forwarded reading material to some who are more in touch with issues, and can influence decisions for the sake of sanity.

Harpadzo, coming soon!

Ps: Any location/city/denomination info? Keeping track somewhat for potential discussions with church.

Kenosha, Conservative Baptist.

oak1971

Congrats guy! Jesus loves you more than me. we all know what my Church did to me. Since then God and i havent been on speaking terms much.

Your problem is with men, not God. There is a church for you if you keep looking.

PQ36

Your problem is with men, not God. There is a church for you if you keep looking.

True. We are called to be discerning, and that requires study/effort to peg the counterfeit stuff. Biblical churches are becoming rare, and require some hunting now days.

RKBA is one pons asinorum, if not nearly a litmus test. Free speech as well. Censorship is becoming more the norm.

Study to show thyself approved, a workman not ashamed.

Stay armed.

Stay safe.

.......snip: Kenosha, Conservative Baptist.
Roger that. Thanks Oak

As things develop (or don't) up here, I'll keep ya posted

jpm84092

Congrats guy! Jesus loves you more than me. we all know what my Church did to me. Since then God and i haven't been on speaking terms much.

McX, I do not know the details, but if it was your "church" that offended you, why are you no longer on speaking terms with God? A spiritual lifestyle is less a function of what building you go into to speak to God than it is how you speak to God in your heart, whether with others or by yourself. God does not live in buildings, he lives in the hearts of those who believe in Him.

Keep in mind that no matter what your church says, Jesus said, as He prepared the way for his disciples after He was to leave them, that if they did not have a sword (gun), they were to sell their cloak and buy a sword (gun). If your pastor doesn't "get it", then I echo the advice of an earlier post that suggested that you shop for a church that does "get it".

I thank my Creator every day for the firearms skills He has allowed me to learn and also for the honor of teaching others those skills so that they can fulfill His will and protect themselves, their families, and others from the predatory nature of those who do not embrace the Will of God.

Yellow Cat Out -

M

McX

too bad StarBucks doesnt have a local Church. Guns, coffee, and God- works for me.

TyGuy

Coffee, juice, milk, donuts, and muffins!

Being a fib i can not cc or even oc. However our previous pastor and i had an understanding. I was allowed to carry there.

TyGuy

I spent 6 years in milwaukee. Honestly, if tennessee doesn't work out i will consider wisconsin too.

oak1971

I spent 6 years in milwaukee. Honestly, if tennessee doesn't work out i will consider wisconsin too.

If I could vote Milwaukee, Madistan, Eau Clare and Lacrosse off the island this would be Paradise. That and turn the thermostat up a notch.

MKEgal

PQ36 said:
Without an Author of life, no rational basis for self defense exists.
:question: 'Splain, please?
Animals act in self-defense even if they don't have the higher brain function to conceive of anything beyond their basic physical needs.

Self-defense is one more step in perpetuating the species, spreading a particular set of genes.
If I die, there's no chance my genes will be passed on.
[Doesn't actually apply to me, but more of a generic individual creature.]

Are there species other than humans that live beyond their breeding years? If we're the oddity, then the above makes perfect sense for everything except us, and actually even for us too, before modern medicine & sanitation.
Not too many hundreds of years ago, I'd be considered old & Jim would be ancient.

McX said:
too bad StarBucks doesnt have a local Church. Guns, coffee, and God- works for me.
So are you coming to "services" tomorrow afternoon? :)

Outdoorsman1

McX, I do not know the details, but if it was your "church" that offended you, why are you no longer on speaking terms with God? A spiritual lifestyle is less a function of what building you go into to speak to God than it is how you speak to God in your heart, whether with others or by yourself. God does not live in buildings, he lives in the hearts of those who believe in Him.

Keep in mind that no matter what your church says, Jesus said, as He prepared the way for his disciples after He was to leave them, that if they did not have a sword (gun), they were to sell their cloak and buy a sword (gun). If your pastor doesn't "get it", then I echo the advice of an earlier post that suggested that you shop for a church that does "get it".

I thank my Creator every day for the firearms skills He has allowed me to learn and also for the honor of teaching others those skills so that they can fulfill His will and protect themselves, their families, and others from the predatory nature of those who do not embrace the Will of God.

Yellow Cat Out -

+1000... I talk to God (pray) all the time and I go to church maybe 6 times a year. We (God and I) have some of our best conversations when I am in the outdoors... then it is just him and me....

Outdoorsman1

Last edited: