Thread: anti "editorial" in today's west bend daily news

anti "editorial" in today's west bend daily news

http://activepaper.olivesoftware.com...sh-skin-custom

Basically, his entire editorial is flawed, because he thinks that people who carry only do so for the purpose of "fighting crime" and being "vigilantes" who think we're cops. We don't carry for your every day joe blow non-violent crime. If some dude grabs a lady's purse and takes off, I'm not going to draw my gun. I carry so that if a mad gunman comes into someplace that me or my family happen to be, we have at least the chance to save ourselves.
    Last edited by bmwguy11; 12-03-2011 at 05:14 PM.

He needs to be told the rules of armed self defense are: 1. avoid a situation 2. get away from a situation if possible 3. hide behind cover if possible 4. defend yourself and love ones if you have to
    Last edited by Flipper; 12-03-2011 at 05:38 PM.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

His case is FULL of flaws.
    Guns have no place in courtrooms where emotions run high. Family law cases are especially emotional and decisions affecting children and money often leave one of the parties very unhappy and we don’t want any more courthouse shootings.
    So...Mr Waring R. Fincke, I'm sitting in the court and some bozo decides to shoot everyone, if there are no firearms, how do I defend myself. By your own admission there are shootings in courthouses.

His email is available with a simple search of his name, btw. (not that I'm advocating emailing him - antis are illogical and impossible to sway ime.)
    Last edited by Badger Johnson; 12-03-2011 at 05:36 PM.
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

From the above linked article:

You should remember that you will not be successful with all anti–gun people. Some people are so terrified and have such strong defenses, that it’s not possible for someone without professional training to get through.

(Some) people have made a conscious choice to oppose firearms ownership and self–defense. They almost always gain power, prestige, and money from their anti–gun politics. They are not interested in the facts or in saving lives. They know the facts and understand the consequences of their actions, and will happily sacrifice innocent people if it furthers their selfish agenda. Do not use these techniques on such people. They only respond to fears of losing the power, prestige and money that they covet
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

Guns have no place in courtrooms where emotions run high.
    So he thinks that bailiffs & deputies should be disarmed in courthouses.
    Fine by me.
    As long as EVERYONE coming into the building goes through the metal detector / groping. No exceptions for people who work there. Heck, how many post office shootings were by PO employees, & how many by citizens?

And apparently he hasn't bothered to read the law, or he'd know that (in WI) courthouses are off-limits to law-abiding armed citizens. Of course, there were laws before about citizens not carrying firearms into gov't buildings, but criminals ignore those... That's how you get courthouse shootings.

Besides, what's the problem with carry in a library? A stack of books is a "safe direction", so there's lots to hide behind if a criminal does something stupid.

Schools are another place we wisely prohibit firearms... Learning cannot take place when you fear a classmate or teacher might be packing.
    Experience from other states proves him wrong. A few colleges don't prohibit 2A rights on campus, and in some states people with licenses can carry into K-12 schools.
    And minors generally can't possess firearms (legally) anyway, so of course they couldn't take them into a school. That would be breaking at least 2 laws.

The only logical rationale for concealed carry is to allow citizens to prevent crime.
    So he'd prefer open carry? We can do that.
    And what rationale does he accept for people voting, worshiping, publishing a blog...?

Perhaps there is a fear that someone will come in and take the library fine coin box and armed citizens should be present to deter the theft.

For a lawyer, he sure doesn't know the law very well.

Waring R. Fincke practices law
    http://web.me.com/wrfincke1/Waring_R...r/Welcome.html
    "If you are looking for a lawyer to defend your liberty who believes in the presumption of innocence..."
    Certainly doesn't look that way from his statements.
    His editorial looks to me like he's assuming the worst about people he's probably never met, & certainly never talked with.

What if we invite him to the Delavan thing tomorrow? What other OC events are coming up that might be more in that area?
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

McX
    i am not a vigilante', i am vigilant, there is a difference.

Although I must say, in reading through his site, the advice under "busted" & "know your rights" seems good & could be useful in the wrong circumstances.

This attorney is also VERY liberal, and in fact, is pretty much head of the recall walker effort in this area.

He also seems to hunt for reasons to get his name in the media. He likes to get into anything in the public. A recent example was he was the attorney for the LBGT group at west bend high school in their fight against the school/community.
    Last edited by bmwguy11; 12-03-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    i am not a vigilante', i am vigilant, there is a difference.
    Now thats a good come back. Well put.

Campaign Veteran
    This guy is an ass-pirate criminal defense attorney who is against anything that may take business away from his pathetic attorney practice.

I've seen his pieces in the paper over the few years that I've lived up here, and it's always good for a head shake and a brief fake laugh. Unfortunately, these are the people that are listened to the most.
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

That being said, I do not support a citizenry roaming about the community with hidden firearms, striking out with vigilante justice at perceived illegal or threatening behavior.
    Who does?

Just more propaganda...

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Who does?

Just more propaganda...

Hyperbole runs rampant when facts are scarce on the side of the speaker.

That being said, I do not support a citizenry roaming about the community with hidden firearms, striking out with vigilante justice at perceived illegal or threatening behavior.
    Look at the disingenuous imagery the writer attempts to create with the use of a few key words. It makes the unsuspecting reader visualize gun toting mall ninja zombies making bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy11 View Post
    http://activepaper.olivesoftware.com...sh-skin-custom

Basically, his entire editorial is flawed, because he thinks that people who carry only do so for the purpose of "fighting crime" and being "vigilantes" who think we're cops. We don't carry for your every day joe blow non-violent crime. If some dude grabs a lady's purse and takes off, I'm not going to draw my gun. I carry so that if a mad gunman comes into someplace that me or my family happen to be, we have at least the chance to save ourselves.
    This guy should go back and read the law.

1. Agree, where did the idea come from about "Vigilante" justice?

2. IMHO, schools is just where we should be allowed. After all, one must wonder, how many lives could have been saved at "Columbine"?

3. His reference to "West Bend", and "Wild West-Style", as if those who carry are out looking for a showdown.

4. I'm not sure what "hunting" references have to do with personal protection.

5. Where did he get the idea that "Metal Detectors" were needed in Waukesha when posting?

6. He must be a card carrying member of "WAVE". JMHO

JJC